Created 7 Gigs - No clicks... Did I mess up?

andy_i_music

Hi everyone! 

I just, for the first time, launched 7 gigs.

This was about 4 days ago and I did try to make my gigs as good as possible, but yesterday I added videos and better images+tags as well as lower my prices.

I saw the lowest gig had 7 impressions and the highest one had 14.

But none had any clicks.

My big question, that I don't know how to answer for myself, is whether I did good enough and can now just wait or whether I should be doing more to bring in that first order and what that "more" even is?

I joined the kickstart and the Seller Plus Program already.

There is one thing that might be affecting me maybe, and that's the fact that I've had issues trying to verify my identity due to the site not proceeding past a certain point when I try to submit my images. I do currently have an open support ticket regarding that situation.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, thank you so much for the taking the time!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

It takes time, maybe weeks or even months before one starts receiving meaningful enquiries and orders!! 

Freelancing is a marathon... 

Of course!

I am just also acutely aware of the fact that it won't help me to wait if my gig is not good enough to bring in customers, because then I will be waiting for nothing forever... So I just want to make sure that my gigs are good enough that I can confidently step back and wait, knowing that I did all that I could. 

How long should you suggest that I wait before re-assessing and making changes again? 

Tia! 

• Like 2
  • Up 2

1 minute ago, andy_i_music said:

Of course!

I am just also acutely aware of the fact that it won't help me to wait if my gig is not good enough to bring in customers, because then I will be waiting for nothing forever... So I just want to make sure that my gigs are good enough that I can confidently step back and wait, knowing that I did all that I could. 

How long should you suggest that I wait before re-assessing and making changes again? 

Tia! 

Once we edit a gig, it usually takes a few days for the gig to get re-indexed by algorithm and show results. So reviewing analytics daily for a couple of weeks before making any further edits would be advisable. 

Two weeks is not an official figure but it is a good practice to NOT edit the gig more than twice in a month. 

• Like 5
  • Up 2
  • Insightful 1

Once we edit a gig, it usually takes a few days for the gig to get re-indexed by algorithm and show results. So reviewing analytics daily for a couple of weeks before making any further edits would be advisable. 

Two weeks is not an official figure but it is a good practice to NOT edit the gig more than twice in a month. 

Thank you, it's really helpful having a guideline like that! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, andy_i_music said:

Interesting! I don't know what to tell you though, I just had the option to create 7 right off the bat 

Alot of other new sellers will protest and demand for the same rights!! 😂

Jokes apart, might be a bug in the system that allowed 7 gigs. Its possible that when you edit any of them in future, system will not allow you to re-publish the gig. 

• Like 2
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, andy_i_music said:

I saw the lowest gig had 7 impressions and the highest one had 14.

2 of your gigs are only showing 1 search tag. If you only entered 1 then adding some more might increase the chance of impressions. Your other gig are showing 2 or 3 search tags. You're allowed up to 5.

Alot of other new sellers will protest and demand for the same rights!! 😂

Jokes apart, might be a bug in the system that allowed 7 gigs. Its possible that when you edit any of them in future, system will not allow you to re-publish the gig. 

Or pausing one and then trying to active it might also not work if it checks the limit of 4.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

2 of your gigs are only showing 1 search tag. If you only entered 1 then adding some more might increase the chance of impressions. Your other gig are showing 2 or 3 search tags. You're allowed up to 5.

Thank you so much for pointing this out! I have 4-5 tags on each gig, but I just previewed them and saw what you meant. Do you know why this could be? I got the keyword from Fiverr's own Keyword Research tool..

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, andy_i_music said:

I have 4-5 tags on each gig, but I just previewed them and saw what you meant. Do you know why this could be?

I don't know sorry. Fiverr staff on the forum might know.

Maybe it depends on how many other gigs have each search tag (just a guess) as it allows people to click on them to see other gigs, and maybe if there aren't enough other gigs with them it won't show.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

I don't know sorry. Fiverr staff on the forum might know.

Maybe it depends on how many other gigs have each search tag (just a guess) as it allows people to click on them to see other gigs, and maybe if there aren't enough other gigs with them it won't show.

No worries, I figured it out! It seems it won't allow me to use keywords that rank for different categories and since "Custom Songs" is still a new category, I was looking at the keyword for the other music categories. I've managed to now have 5 keywords visible for each gig, so truly thank you for bringing that to my attention!

• Like 4