REPORT: How Buyers are abusing of Fiverr Review System (Flowchart)

2 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

How about submitting the work for review and feedback instead of delivery? And one makes the 'final delivery' only after buyer is completely satisfied with the work.  

It can help in avoiding the entire drag of orders running into revisions and endless loop of extensions. 

I do this, but sometimes people don't see the order page, so they miss the updates, which then causes a whole other mess. I like to wait for the OK to get started after sending a small sample, so if I never get that, well...  It can be fun... 

I think having an official feature for that with some really strict security features (so the sample can't be stolen) could work out though! I always send (on the order page, not as a delivery obviously) my samples VERY unedited and messy (and explain that I do them this way, etc.) but if there was a safer system I'd really appreciate it.

• Like 3
  • Up 3
  • Support 1

19 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

How about submitting the work for review and feedback instead of delivery? And one makes the 'final delivery' only after buyer is completely satisfied with the work.  

It can help in avoiding the entire drag of orders running into revisions and endless loop of extensions. 

I just tried experimenting with that. They said their client was happy with the results, so I formally delivered it and let them know that I'm available if they need anything else. I got a 3.7 rating.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

11 minutes ago, mandyzines said:

I just tried experimenting with that. They said their client was happy with the results, so I formally delivered it and let them know that I'm available if they need anything else. I got a 3.7 rating.  

My entire order history on Fiverr has been through this process. And I had may be 2 or max 3 occasions where someone pressed the revision button. 

I don't deliver until unless they approve it in writing. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

My entire order history on Fiverr has been through this process. And I had may be 2 or max 3 occasions where someone pressed the revision button. 

I got "Client is happy all is good. Thank you!" It was all finished a day ahead. I'll probably revert back to my previous ways, if I do get orders.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

I almost never deliver anything without showing the end result (in pdf format) to the buyer.
I then ask if I need to adjust anything and if I can deliver.
This step avoids a lot of revisions. In fact, in almost all cases the buyer will already agree to the delivery before I actually deliver the order.

• Like 3
  • Up 2

10 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

I almost never deliver anything without showing the end result (in pdf format) to the buyer.
I then ask if I need to adjust anything and if I can deliver.
This step avoids a lot of revisions. In fact, in almost all cases the buyer will already agree to the delivery before I actually deliver the order.

I do this but I'm very scared that they might copy it somehow. I've had someone request a full file to review, say it was amazing and then cancel saying they lied to me about it and so on. It's made me a lot more careful about how and what I show. 

(But... even with process with several updates I have people disappearing for weeks because life happens (...or they forget about the order.)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, priyank_mod said:

I think could be worst because the buyer will just let the order in revision mode forever. When you make a delivery you expect the buyer will either approve or request a revision, is better that buyer request a revision because you know the buyer still want fix something.

While the extension of review time only keeps the order pending for weeks and some cases 1 month. My buyer keeps extending the review time because he wanna add some images... he mentioned it 1 week ago and until today he did not sent these images.

How long should I wait? Based on Fiverr system "Unlimited extension of time" I should wait forever.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, katakatica said:

I guess that's why I can't relate to this feature when talking as a single-person business.

I agree that make total sense the first delivery the buyer have 3 days to review and be able to extend it for 5 days = Total 8 days. But after you work in first revision I don't think they need more 8 days to analyse everything again.

For example: One buyer requested a revision only to switch a position of 2 images... a little small task, a new delivery that add more 3 days to review. He extended the review of time, just to keep postponing the order.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

Everyone have a way to work, most important is your communication with the buyer to help them understand the process of your work. Revisions are part of it and is great to reach your buyers goals... I can not say the same of "Unlimited extension of time" all things unlimited is passive to be users abuse.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2024 at 12:56 PM, sunboatrecords said:

Request to order is the most essential thing for your success on Fiverr. It also keeps the psychiatrist away. Like the apple. But on Fiverr. And digitally. And you don't get to eat it. Or make a smoothie.

RTO definitely is essential to being successful on Fiverr. That's why they lock it behind their premium paywall because most of the sellers are only paying the $40 for that feature.

• Like 1