What communities do you belong to?

Kesha

One of the common threads that brings us together is that we are all a community of DOERs. 

But, let’s dive deeper! What other communities do we have represented on the forum? 

Whether you're rocking the LGBTQ+ pride, BIPOC excellence, juggling parenthood and entrepreneurship, preaching sustainability, living that digital nomad life, or something else entirely–we’re all about embracing our different communities.

So, let us know. How do you identify? Drop your tribe below! 👇

• Like 9

8 hours ago, mandyzines said:

I identify as being a human and do my best to not compartmentalize myself much beyond that

Too much compartmentalization only drives wedges between groups of people. In the end, we are all human, and that is what counts! 

• Like 7
  • Up 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Kesha!  I am so glad you and Fiverr are celebrating different identities here. I just had the experience of hiring someone for a project and paying them only to learn later that they will not do the work because we sell LGBTQ+ messages on t-shirts (none of which are s****l in nature).  I would appreciate it if Fiverr is willing to keep contractors/freelancers listed who decline work using discriminatory practices, y'all might at least ask them to list that in their freelancer profile so businesses like mine could screen them our efficiently.  I wasted time waiting for this guy AND now I am hesitant to reach out to other freelancers here without knowing who is willing to take us on as a client. 

Is there an effective way to search for freelancers who are inclusive only?  Could Fiverr create an option like that?

Or does Fiverr have a policy freelancers agree to that does not allow for this kind of discrimination and perhaps I should be reporting this so I can move forward understanding Fiverr will screen out people who are unwilling to take clients based on their identity or business focus?  I can't find anywhere that states Fiverrs policy about this or a reporting structure that fits this scenario.  Thank you!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, transpainter said:

Hi Kesha!  I am so glad you and Fiverr are celebrating different identities here. I just had the experience of hiring someone for a project and paying them only to learn later that they will not do the work because we sell LGBTQ+ messages on t-shirts (none of which are s****l in nature).  I would appreciate it if Fiverr is willing to keep contractors/freelancers listed who decline work using discriminatory practices, y'all might at least ask them to list that in their freelancer profile so businesses like mine could screen them our efficiently.  I wasted time waiting for this guy AND now I am hesitant to reach out to other freelancers here without knowing who is willing to take us on as a client. 

Is there an effective way to search for freelancers who are inclusive only?  Could Fiverr create an option like that?

Or does Fiverr have a policy freelancers agree to that does not allow for this kind of discrimination and perhaps I should be reporting this so I can move forward understanding Fiverr will screen out people who are unwilling to take clients based on their identity or business focus?  I can't find anywhere that states Fiverrs policy about this or a reporting structure that fits this scenario.  Thank you!

Hi @transpainter!

I understand that this was an unfavorable experience for you.

Due to the global nature of the marketplace, there are cultural, religious, and other factors that may impact a seller's ability to work on certain projects.

We encourage sellers to state any dealbreakers on their profiles. Even so, as an extra layer of caution, I recommend always messaging a seller before placing an order. Pre-order communication allows you to brief the seller on all project details and ensures that both of you are aligned with expectations. This can help prevent any potential misunderstandings.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Your suggestion to include an option for searching exclusively for inclusive freelancers is a great one, and I will pass it along to the rest of the team for consideration.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

Thank you for acknowledging the inconvenience.  And of course the global context Fiverr works in makes this an even more important user experience issue for your company.  I just want to note that you apologized for the inconvenience and then instead of responding to the convenient easily programmable suggestion I made (having a search function that allows freelancers to add their dealbreakers to their profile) means I am even more inconvenienced by having to reach out to each individual freelancer about one simple ask that could be ruled out in your search functionality.  I have sent three messages today to freelancers and then am waiting for response from them before I potentiallly send out three more tomorrow.  You can see how this is highly inefficient for me, your client. 

So, to be clear, my ask is that you either a) do more than "encourage" freelancers to update their dealbreakers in a format that is clear to them and easy for your consumers to locate or b) create a search function for your consumers to automatically opt out of hiring homophobic or otherwise biased contractors on your site.  Is that more clear?  

• Like 2

@uk1000 that's not helpful. I don't need LGBTQ+ design, I need a project done by someone who does not discriminate against the LGBTQ+ community.  

Using your suggestion I get a ton of poor quality offerings for Pride logos and ghostwriting, and LGBTQ voiceovers. None of those are the project I need done.

Edited by transpainter
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, transpainter said:

I need a project done by someone who does not discriminate against the LGBTQ+ community

You could still try asking one of the t-shirt designers on that link. If they do those t-shirts they'll probably also be able to do the messages you want on them even if they're not those sorts of designs and they won't discriminate.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 2
  • Up 1

@uk1000 I don't need a t-shirt designer. And your suggestion still puts the responsibility on the consumer to create a workaround for this enormous business.  I am giving them a very clear and specific process improvement suggestion, frankly, they should be grateful for.

• Like 2

On 8/23/2024 at 4:06 PM, transpainter said:

Thank you for acknowledging the inconvenience.  And of course the global context Fiverr works in makes this an even more important user experience issue for your company.  I just want to note that you apologized for the inconvenience and then instead of responding to the convenient easily programmable suggestion I made (having a search function that allows freelancers to add their dealbreakers to their profile) means I am even more inconvenienced by having to reach out to each individual freelancer about one simple ask that could be ruled out in your search functionality.  I have sent three messages today to freelancers and then am waiting for response from them before I potentiallly send out three more tomorrow.  You can see how this is highly inefficient for me, your client. 

So, to be clear, my ask is that you either a) do more than "encourage" freelancers to update their dealbreakers in a format that is clear to them and easy for your consumers to locate or b) create a search function for your consumers to automatically opt out of hiring homophobic or otherwise biased contractors on your site.  Is that more clear?  

Hi @transpainter! As mentioned before, your suggestions have been passed along to the relevant team. Thank you for your feedback. 

• Like 3

I am part of the LGBTQ+ community and I am a vocal advocate for neurodiversity as I have ADHD and Austim. I'm also a part of a wonderful artist community in the city that I live in and I am also making my own political movement for women, gender minorities and relgious minorities in my country to help each other network, improve our businesses, work on our crafts and be more politically active. I also am a part of a group of table top gamers and a vibrant online community as well that is open to the furry community even though I do not indentify as one.

I love being surrounded by open, kind and diverse people and will always strive to keep getting more involved and doing better. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, vibronx said:

I identify as Danish

This identification thing going on in the West is so weird. 😂 You either are or are not. 

If I said I'm a millionaire because I identify as one, would that make me a millionaire? Maybe a millionaire in red cells, but that's it! 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Support 1

2 minutes ago, maitasun said:

Maybe a millionaire in red cells, but that's it! 🤷‍♀️

As long as they're red cells and not Swedish cells.
-

-

-

(I'm kidding about the Swedish thing, don't ban me!!!)

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, maitasun said:

If I said I'm a millionaire because I identify as one, would that make me a millionaire?

Also reminds me of the 'manifestation cult' who just trust the universe to deliver goods for them and life just falls-in-place quite magically for them!! 

• Like 2
  • Up 3

16 minutes ago, vibronx said:

-

-

-

(I'm kidding about the Swedish thing, don't ban me!!!)

You genuinely test people's ability & eyesight😎 to read the "fine-r print"!! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:
4 hours ago, vibronx said:

-

One-fourth of my cells are Swedish grandmother cells. 

It seems Vib is very much looking forward to meeting Vickie's wooden teaching 🥄 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3