Why our reviews NOW also have the price range specified?

8 hours ago, carineb said:
9 hours ago, priyank_mod said:

Isn't this a violation of privacy for buyers as well as sellers??

Yes, that's what many sellers complained about in 2018. No one has the right to disclose my earnings to anyone!

Probably enough turnover within Fiverr that the new developers didn't even know about this previous attempt to reveal earnings. I don't see a lot of retained institutional knowledge at work with this move.

• Like 1
  • Up 2

2024-06-1422_09_36-Fiverr_Inbox.png.f143cc1f508f4045ddce45536a2c10f2.png

So we don't need Seller Plus to get this insight? Cause we can simply go to the buyer profile, get the name of Sellers and check the order prices. In SP, it shows as $101-$500, while in the Seller profile it shows as $200-$400. So that's more meaningful than SP.

I went to your profile to see what the review section looked like and I don't see a price range or duration of order. It does show a gig next to the review with something like "from $120" but that's all. I'm going to keep checking mine to see if it shows up.

Although I think that is kind of weird, I can see it this way: If I were about to spend $2k on an audiobook, it would help me to see other reviews for higher cost orders as something like a guarantee that the person delivers good quality on lengthy work and not just short work like a childrens book. And vise-versa: the person doesn't just take pride in big, high cost orders and still takes smaller orders seriously enough to get good reviews. 

Is this something I would necessarily think to look for? no. But I guess I can see the utility.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2024 at 1:12 PM, carineb said:

Back to 2018... It didn't last more than a few weeks!

Yes, that's what many sellers complained about in 2018. No one has the right to disclose my earnings to anyone!

Seems like it's GONE now, for good.

I can't see it on either of the browsers (Chrome or Edge). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, priyank_mod said:

Seems like it's GONE now, for good.

What I see is that videos and images for non-visual gigs are back (at least for now). I hope it stays like that since their removal was something beyond understanding. (I don't see it on my main computer, but it can be seen on my laptop for now). 

They are not hidden somewhere deep in the gig anymore. 

Edited by vovkaslovesnyy
  • Like 1

On 6/14/2024 at 7:46 PM, creativecolumn said:

So we don't need Seller Plus to get this insight? Cause we can simply go to the buyer profile, get the name of Sellers and check the order prices. In SP, it shows as $101-$500, while in the Seller profile it shows as $200-$400. So that's more meaningful than SP.

Well not everyone leaves reviews. A lot of people don't. So yeah, it might show for reviewed orders, but many orders are not reviewed. 

• Up 1

29 minutes ago, arafatcoco said:

We all don't want to see the price range on the reviews. It will be more harmful for every seller. 

Well, I don't see the problem with this feature existing. If someone has a longer delivery time like weeks, sure. I particularly liked the fact that it shows inconsistencies with the delivery times for orders and the actual timeline. There was someone that had a delivery time of 1 month and an order he had took 6 months to complete. Not sure if that's even allowed on Fiverr. Plus, we can see that info from buyers, I don't have a problem if buyers see that too. I don't have nothing to hide 🙂That being said, I don't care if it exists or if it left anyway. 

Edited by donnovan86

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

Well not everyone leaves reviews. A lot of people don't. So yeah, it might show for reviewed orders, but many orders are not reviewed. 

Well. In my case, more than 50% are leaving reviews. So that's enough for me to get an idea about the buyers. 

PS: I cannot see order values on reviews at the moment. So I think Fiverr just removed that. 🫡

Edited by creativecolumn

They've changed the price range shown on it too. Before it used to say "Up to $20" (for reviews on the profile anyway) and then another range for higher, now the same reviews on the gig page say "Up to $50".

Maybe they're being more general in it.

Edited by uk1000

5 hours ago, uk1000 said:

They've changed the price range shown on it too. Before it used to say "Up to $20" (for reviews on the profile anyway) and then another range for higher, now the same reviews on the gig page say "Up to $50".

And Fiverr telling its sellers not to mislead buyers. 🤦‍♀️ The audacity... 🤨

I just checked one of the gigs of the same profile I checked when the feature was rolled out. The price range says "up to $50" when it clearly stated "up to $20" back then...

It seems that being unethical when displaying the price range buyers paid for each of their orders wasn't enough, now it is also necessary to lie...

• Up 2