Handling spam messages

Kesha

Thanks for sharing this informative post! It's helpful to have all these spam red flags in one place. Especially the part about Fiverr customer support never contacting you through your inbox - that's a good one to remember. I've always wondered about that.

• Like 9

On 5/30/2024 at 11:23 PM, virtuoso_ca said:

Thank You so much for the updates. I have also one query related to this topic. When we receive any message from the scammers (In the shape or form of a Buyer), our response rate could decrease if we don't replay on the spot or within 1 hour. So my main question is, can we reply once, "Thank you for reaching out." like this to maintain the response rate? Please let me know or share all professional experiences and how we can avoid these. Thank you.

Best  Regards

Muhammad Hanif Butt

Chartered Accountant

Thanks for raising this question. I have the same query. I also would love to hear the answer from someone who has the great idea.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, devanshu_13911 said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-8curybNdsaZj1llvEisvokjVj3KXAEd/view?usp=drivesdk

Is it a genuine message from fiverr asking to add card 💳 details. 

I am unable to open the drive link, so I can't review its contents.

Regarding your question, I understand that you are a seller and not a buyer. Unless you are purchasing a program like Seller Plus on the platform, there aren't many reasons for you to share your card details here. I would advise you to be cautious about doing so.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, devanshu_13911 said:

Is it a genuine message from fiverr asking to add card 💳 details.

Fiverr wouldn't send a google drive link to your inbox to enter your card details in.

We're also not allowed contact off Fiverr. Don't enter your card details after getting an inbox message.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 6/6/2024 at 11:58 PM, awoyemivictor01 said:

am new here and the first message I received was a spam message. this is so unfortunate 

I am very much new in Fiverr, received spam every time I publish a gig. I think these crooks targets especially the new comers in fiverr. I received four msgs, all of them are spams same as you.

Edited by drshahidur
  • Like 3

Thank you very much for the update. I just joined Fiverr and as a Newbie I receive a lot of spam messages. When I receive a message from a scammer (in the form of a Buyer), my response rate decreases if I don't reply immediately or within 1 hour. 
Therefore, apart from getting orders, I also had difficulty maintaining the response rate. Please tell me or share all professional experiences and how can I avoid it. Thank You.

Regards

Indra Yanuanda

Edited by yanuanda
  • Like 4

Beware of Fake Payment Confirmation Emails: Stay Safe on Fiverr

Hello Fiverr Community,

Recently, I have been receiving suspicious messages that look like they are from Fiverr, informing me that I have received a payment for my services. These messages often include a QR code to scan for payment, which is not a legitimate practice on Fiverr.

Here is an example of such a message:

IMPORTANTINFORMATIONFORcreamdigi.png.40dc1f150fb4e5155a60738343f92fe2.png

Key Indicators of a Scam:

1. Unusual Payment Instructions:

• Fiverr does not ask you to scan a QR code to receive payment. Payments are processed through the platform automatically.
  2. Suspicious Sender Email:

• Official Fiverr emails will come from e.fiverr.com or fiverr.com. Always check the sender's email address carefully.
  3. Suspicious URLs and QR Codes:

• Be wary of emails containing QR codes or links that direct you outside of Fiverr. Always check the URL for authenticity.
  4. Immediate Action Requests:

• Scammers often create a sense of urgency. If an email urges you to act immediately, take a moment to verify its authenticity.

Steps to Protect Yourself:

1. Verify Communication:

• Always check your Fiverr dashboard for any payment updates or messages. If you receive an email claiming to be from Fiverr, compare it with your dashboard notifications.
  2. Report Suspicious Messages:

• If you receive a suspicious message or email, report it to Fiverr Support immediately. Do not click on any links or scan any QR codes.
  3. Enable Two-Factor Authentication:

• Enhance your account security by enabling two-factor authentication on Fiverr.
  4. Educate Yourself:

• Familiarize yourself with Fiverr's official communication methods and payment processes. This knowledge will help you identify scams more easily.

Feel free to share your experiences and any additional tips you might have for avoiding scams on Fiverr.

Stay safe,

Creamdigi

• Like 7

19 hours ago, yanuanda said:

I receive a lot of spam messages. When I receive a message from a scammer (in the form of a Buyer), my response rate decreases if I don't reply immediately or within 1 hour. 

Your response rate to a message will only decrease if you don't reply within 24 hours.

For spam messages, reporting them as spam is supposed to not make it affect your response rate, though in the past it still did so if you want to be sure your response rate won't be affected you could enter any relevant reply within 24 hours and then mark it as spam after responding.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 5

On 6/23/2024 at 11:15 AM, yanuanda said:

Thank you very much for the update. I just joined Fiverr and as a Newbie I receive a lot of spam messages. When I receive a message from a scammer (in the form of a Buyer), my response rate decreases if I don't reply immediately or within 1 hour. 
Therefore, apart from getting orders, I also had difficulty maintaining the response rate. Please tell me or share all professional experiences and how can I avoid it. Thank You.

Regards

Indra Yanuanda

On 6/23/2024 at 4:59 AM, drshahidur said:

I am very much new in Fiverr, received spam every time I publish a gig. I think these crooks targets especially the new comers in fiverr. I received four msgs, all of them are spams same as you.

Hi!

We apologize that this has been your experience. 

As we work to mitigate this issue to protect new sellers like you, I encourage you to report each message as they come. 

Reporting spam messages will help us crack down on spam accounts and protect your response rate.

For an extra measure of protection for your response rate, you can also aim to respond with a simple reply within 24 hours in addition to reporting the message.  

• Like 3
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Kesha said:

Hi!

We apologize that this has been your experience. 

As we work to mitigate this issue to protect new sellers like you, I encourage you to report each message as they come. 

Reporting spam messages will help us crack down on spam accounts and protect your response rate.

For an extra measure of protection for your response rate, you can also aim to respond with a simple reply within 24 hours in addition to reporting the message.  

Thanks for your response. I will do accoording to your suggestion. 

• Like 3