sad to see what fiverr has become.

i have not been on the site in a while. today i decided to try to add some gigs on my profile. once i posed a gig i received an email from fiverr saying i needed to reactivate my account and i did so. right after that i got a msg from "fiverr-support" saying i needed to follow a link in a qr code to continue with freeing up my account. i did that and was taken to a page that said "DDOS prevention" and i said i needed to verify my account by entering my card number on file. i did that and then it asked for the balance for security reasons. i did that. then i was informed that my card was not able to be verified by my band and i needed to open a new account with some other band and deposit $150. thats when i realized i was getting scammed. i looked on the profile that sent me the qr code thing and the account was opened april 2024. then i kicked myself.

so fiverr kind of assisted with this whole scam by suspending my account in the first place. right after that i received 5-6 gig requests back to back via msg on fiverr. all of them asked for me to reply to them via email or telegram. all the accounts were opened april 2024. so now i have to cancel my debit card. (what fun) and how am i supposed to continue using the site with so much f**kery going on? this need to be fixed and fast. sad i have to delete my account now. has anyone else had anything like that happen to them?  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, inkedupind said:

i have not been on the site in a while. today i decided to try to add some gigs on my profile. once i posed a gig i received an email from fiverr saying i needed to reactivate my account and i did so. right after that i got a msg from "fiverr-support" saying i needed to follow a link in a qr code to continue with freeing up my account. i did that and was taken to a page that said "DDOS prevention" and i said i needed to verify my account by entering my card number on file. i did that and then it asked for the balance for security reasons. i did that. then i was informed that my card was not able to be verified by my band and i needed to open a new account with some other band and deposit $150. thats when i realized i was getting scammed. i looked on the profile that sent me the qr code thing and the account was opened april 2024. then i kicked myself.

so fiverr kind of assisted with this whole scam by suspending my account in the first place. right after that i received 5-6 gig requests back to back via msg on fiverr. all of them asked for me to reply to them via email or telegram. all the accounts were opened april 2024. so now i have to cancel my debit card. (what fun) and how am i supposed to continue using the site with so much f**kery going on? this need to be fixed and fast. sad i have to delete my account now. has anyone else had anything like that happen to them?  

It's so sad :((((

Fiverr is aware of this scam, but oddly enough, their superpowered AI advising exparts - the only people Fiverr listens to these days - haven't urged them to put some sort of system in place to prevent users from using "Fiverr" in their name. People on the forum have, but the company that endlessly tells us how it listens.... hasn't done anything about that yet. Instead, they're forcing all things AI down our throat. 

Of course, it's AI that allows these scammers to write well enough that people might mistake their communication for Fiverr. Or is it because Fiverr uses ChatGPT to write all of their communications, too? 

How long is it going to be before Fiverr stops gazing stops supporting what must be one of the most profitable niches on its website: "pretend to be us and scam our hapless userbase - 0% commissions!"? Or is it too distracted by AI to care about the humans that bring money to the marketplace and its scammers?#

Don't worry Fiverr. I know you're not going to read this or think about it or do anything and that today, tomorrow, next week, next month, other people will be scammed by people pretending to be Fiverr. 

Sort it out. The company is an absolute disgrace at the moment. 100% price increases on price locks, an unhealthy obsession with AI, deceptive marketplace practices, and rampant scams. Don't dribble on about integrity and transparency when you have none.

• Up 6

2 hours ago, lalitsdmittal said:

The Fiverr team never contacts in the chat box.

well i guess thats my fault right. maybe i should go read up on all the ways i can get shit on before replying to the platform telling me my account needs to be reinstated. fiverr did in fact send me an email telling me my account needed to be reinstated. thats why i responded to the chat msg i got literally as soon as i got back on the site. and to the chat that was labeled fiverr-support. the link that wanted my current card info looked exactly like a fiverr web page and even had a DDOS prevention thing. im glad i caught it when i did. before they took any money but how many dont catch it? those scammers are making a killing i bet. with the assistance of the actual fiverr site. i know they did assist willingly. but i have a feeling they know about this and if not they do now. 

2 hours ago, inkedupind said:

well i guess thats my fault right. maybe i should go read up on all the ways i can get shit on before replying to the platform telling me my account needs to be reinstated. fiverr did in fact send me an email telling me my account needed to be reinstated. thats why i responded to the chat msg i got literally as soon as i got back on the site. and to the chat that was labeled fiverr-support. the link that wanted my current card info looked exactly like a fiverr web page and even had a DDOS prevention thing. im glad i caught it when i did. before they took any money but how many dont catch it? those scammers are making a killing i bet. with the assistance of the actual fiverr site. i know they did assist willingly. but i have a feeling they know about this and if not they do now. 

Oh, they know about it. They're just not doing anything about it. Probably because their super-advanced amazing AI tech systems can't do it, which leaves the multi-million (former billion) dollar company hapless in the face of scammers.

It's very sad to see fiverr growing from worse to worst in terms of their Customer service  relationship. It's been upto  2 weeks now that I have been constantly chatting them with no response. It's very disheartening.

10 hours ago, lalitsdmittal said:

The Fiverr team never contacts in the chat box.

I've had Fiverr Staff contact me via the inbox. For example Yoav and Ran. There's a little Fiverr logo next to their name if they are legit. Where the "Pro Client" badge etc usually is.

Edited by nickkold