A client is asking for email address for placing order

abbaskhanpk

Question

A client is asking for email address for placing order.

The client writes:

"Hi

left you messages in regards to the Gig, I will design elegant seamless floral pattern:

👋 Hey Abbas, I liked your service, but there was one problem when I try to buy your product, it requests your mail. I attach a screenshot from below, lооk аt thе screenshot, it says that I need уоur е-mаil аddrеss"

What should I do?

• Like 4

3 answers to this question

It's a scammer, not a legitimate buyer. Anyone can place an order on Fiverr without knowing the freelancer's email address. Not to mention that sharing personal contact information is strictly forbidden.

Tell them that you can't help them (or something like that; it's important to reply so your response rate doesn't suffer), then report them and block them.

• Like 5
  • Up 2

Apparently, this is looking like a scammer. Moreover, you can check your order requirements also, it shouldn't ask for email sharing.

Note: On Fiverr, sharing of e-mail is only for specified access to provide certain service for which seller need access. For example, in Google looker studio dashboards, in which at the time of transferring ownership of the report, Seller needs buyer Gmail id and it will be only for the purpose of this particular ownership transfer nothing else.

• Like 4