I made another poll because I literally have nothing better to do right now.   

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this book?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm a root vegetable with a rude shape and people keep laughing at me :(
  2. 2. Will you use this with your new buyers or will this sit in the downloads folder you have on your desktop that's full of 💩 that you never end up using or reading?

• Yes
    • 💩
    • I prefer being a potato to a rudely-shaped root vegetable, actually
  3. 3. Showdown time! Which of these three absolute TITANS would win in a 3-way fight to the 💀?

• Rudely-shaped root vegetable
    • Mr Potato Head (with all accessories)
    • Fiverr Neo

Does anyone have pictures or an idea of how the revision button? The help center doesn't (https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010452657-Revisions) and has the wonderfully technical instruction of "just click yes/no even if it doesn't apply!" - considering that's probably tied into metrics of some form or other, color me unimpressed. 

But I digress. I have no idea what the revision process looks like, much less this procession of Y/N Qs. So if someone LMK how it works, that's cool. Image isn't necessary, really. I'm just trying to make it a little more expansive than "plz no hit revision button if u no have revision" (I'm also going to mention that it's very helpful to also provide revision instructions to sellers and to not disappear into the netherworld for 5 weeks as soon as the button is clicked)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, emmaki said:

Does anyone have pictures or an idea of how the revision button?

Clicking on "I'm not ready yet", gives us multiple options. One of them is "I still need revisions". Then, it asks us to write our revision in the text box --- or we can mark the changes in the image files (attached with the delivery).

image.png.96db327130f51ad6783e6d2bdfa89782.png

image.png.f444d5e8769ac48fd8b476d201d02aec.png

image.png.701621395ded3c1136a92d4948985355.png

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, emmaki said:

So there are no "Y/N" questions as Fiverr's Help Center indicates?

Nah, I think those images in the Help Center are outdated.

I would also like to point one more thing (in case you & other sellers are not aware of it). Fiverr clearly mentions that any revisions after approving the order may be subject to additional costs - but yet buyers come weeks/months/years later and ask for free revisions from sellers as if they are their slaves -- and in fact some sellers work on those free revisions. So, I think every seller should be aware that Fiverr is already protecting them from these abuses by clearly mentioning this upfront, and they do not need to fear by asking for extra charges for extra revisions after the order completion.

image.png.c762f095030dee8a488d13c5d6f6268b.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)

Yes, the more I look at the help center, the more outdated stuff I see. They have been updating it - if you look at Google, the favicon is different so it may have been shifted to a different platform (it's broken URLs hell at the moment as well).

I'm not sure the revision thing is ever going to go away. There are too many sellers who seem to be frightened that asking for more money, even if justified - will get them a bad review - and now, a "conflict free" scoring issue. Or indeed the whole "do revisions impact your success score anyway" question? Although I would imagine successfully getting people to pay for revisions scores well while giving people FREE revisions beyond your stated amount hurts you. That HC page does emphasize the exact number of revisions after all...

EDIT: I've added in all of the suggested changes so far. It's mostly small line edits but this is a whole new section that I think covers all the major stuff (the downloadable file will be updated on the 10th, so if anyone has more suggestionss...)image.png.f37d1334894947a43e7902d543dbe9f8.pngI missed screenshotting the next page, but it says "When you submit your revision request, try to be as clear and detailed as possible: this will help your seller to make the necessary changes faster.

===

Faster being an attractive benefit for most people, thus encouraging more than "make it pop", not a promise of seller speed 🙂

Edited by emmaki
ignore the glaring typo plz
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, emmaki said:

Det er en god ide!

Norwegian looks like drunk English... 

I'm proud of you for GPT-ing Norwegian!! Actually, Norwegian has a lot in common with English. Both are germanic languages with similar words (cat/katt, house/hus, god/good would be examples), and we love our loanwords.

For example, I could say "Jeg skal binge noe på Netflix" (I will binge something on Netflix). We frequently use "Yes" to express a yes instead of "ja", "nope" instead of "niks", and "the kids" (who we might call "kidsa") will use "yeah right" instead of "ja liksom" (at least that was the case when I was a kid. These days, I can barely understand Norwegian kids at all). 

And thanks to the vikings, we brought some old norse words to England as well, like "uggligr" (ugly), Thursday (Thor's dag, meaning Thor's day) are just a couple examples I found on Google. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, smashradio said:

I'm proud of you for GPT-ing Norwegian!! Actually, Norwegian has a lot in common with English. Both are germanic languages with similar words (cat/katt, house/hus, god/good would be examples), and we love our loanwords.

For example, I could say "Jeg skal binge noe på Netflix" (I will binge something on Netflix). We frequently use "Yes" to express a yes instead of "ja", "nope" instead of "niks", and "the kids" (who we might call "kidsa") will use "yeah right" instead of "ja liksom" (at least that was the case when I was a kid. These days, I can barely understand Norwegian kids at all). 

And thanks to the vikings, we brought some old norse words to England as well, like "uggligr" (ugly), Thursday (Thor's dag, meaning Thor's day) are just a couple examples I found on Google. 

Oh, I'm old fashioned and use Google Translate for my international communication needs. I did go to Norway (Bergen) once in the winter though. It was cold. And rainy. Bit like the UK, really. Anyway, my main memory of Norway - apart from the sound of my wallet crying throughout the trip - was that I loved Norway's ultra-lazy verb conjugations and helpful overuse of English everywhere. 

Greek is OK with the loanwords (both ways), but the grammar is a terrible curse on humanity. I am a fan of Germanic languages, since most of them are really just people speaking English with a funny accent - see how we started culturally appropriating things, like, 1,500 years before it became fashionable?

The world should really thank the Scandinavians - without their assistance, the world would have to struggle with some monstrous form of Gaelic and its mysterious everything. OTOH, I'd probably have an easier time with the infernal Greek language.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, emmaki said:

Oh, I'm old fashioned and use Google Translate for my international communication needs. I did go to Norway (Bergen) once in the winter though. It was cold. And rainy. Bit like the UK, really. Anyway, my main memory of Norway - apart from the sound of my wallet crying throughout the trip - was that I loved Norway's ultra-lazy verb conjugations and helpful overuse of English everywhere. 

Greek is OK with the loanwords (both ways), but the grammar is a terrible curse on humanity. I am a fan of Germanic languages, since most of them are really just people speaking English with a funny accent - see how we started culturally appropriating things, like, 1,500 years before it became fashionable?

The world should really thank the Scandinavians - without their assistance, the world would have to struggle with some monstrous form of Gaelic and its mysterious everything. OTOH, I'd probably have an easier time with the infernal Greek language.

I'm an avid user of GT myself. And it's actually not bad at translation most of the time. But I recently had a buyer send me something to proofread. It was a medical article from English to Norwegian using Google Translate. It used (translated) words like "provider" (leverandør) to talk about your doctor/clinic, which comes across as really weird for a Norwegian who is used to a (mostly) free and public health care system, to mention one of the weirdnesses I came across. 

As for your trip to Norway, I'm so sorry for your loss (of everything in your wallet) - it happens to us all. Bergen is famous for its rain, but at least the city has colors, unlike the UK, at least from what I've seen. 

Yeah the vikings certainly helped. Closest thing to old norse these days is Icelandic. I can understand some words, but never enough to understand a sentence. 

• Like 2

On 4/4/2024 at 2:59 AM, emmaki said:

That's satisfaction - you can't cancel based on satisfaction. That's why I highlighted the mountain picture in the AI section as an example. I think I may tweak that bit to mention using the resolution center and "talking" to the seller, but ultimately, my view is that best practice with the current system is to cancel. I didn't before. But now, considering that you get reviews and you probably want a better review so your future income doesn't tank and your "conflict resolution" score stays higher, use partial cancellations to salvage as much as you can and get a good review. But this is very much at the seller's own discretion. All of that is while knowing which words to avoid so the AI bot detects that you are a master negotiator. I can't imagine the word list is very sophisticated.

If I wrote all my tactics in the ebook, it would not be free 🙂 And it certainly wouldn't be for buyers! Given that the top "course" for Fiverr sellers is $200 on "how to sign up for Fiverr from a UGC creator who frequently appears on the @Fiverr twitter (which is down wid da kidz) and also spammed the recent webinars explaining the new system (before the comments got shut down over political spam), you can only imagine the headshaking I'm doing over here. 

Tangent aside, the issue is that this rule is applied very unevenly. I believe it was @levinewman who was told (after an order was cancelled by CS) that there were "other metrics" - that were not disclosed - that could be used to cancel an order that had been completed according to the visible TOS (i.e. everything requested was there). 

image.png.c291d208751c8b7116497259502ee926.png

The problem here isn't so much the TOS, which is clear, but Fiverr's own application of it. Of course, the updated TOS has forgotten that partial cancellations exist (all of these screenshots are taken from the payment page of TOS): 

image.png.47dfad3113d9361712dbf22ec12ea6ba.png

I wonder when someone is going to fix the PDF so I don't need to use the dodgy-looking shortlink. I can understand why it is normally disabled, but isn't there an on/off switch for cases like this? 

Where did you get this quote from? @emmaki
"Orders are not eligible to be canceled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the Seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig Page. You may rate your experience with the Seller on the Order Page, including the overall level of service quality received."?

• Like 2

Since the WT link expired, I uploaded the latest version of the book (big green link at the top of the OP). It's basically the same, just with all the corrections/additions other people mentioned. I did these all last week so  I can't really remember what they were, but the revisions section was expanded and there's probably some other typo or something I was too lazy to check since I am in a post-lunch energy slump. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, emmaki said:

there's probably some other typo or something

Page 5: "...meaning it makes money through fees and commissions when people pay though Fiverr." (Should be "through")

When it comes to cancellations, your guide mentions that buyers can cancel if they're very unhappy with the quality. But don't the rules say that they can't cancel based on the quality of delivery?

Page 12: "There are also intermittent issues on Fiverr's iOS and Android apps that can to glitches..." (Did you mean "that can lead to"?)

I haven't noticed any other issues.

Nicely done!

• Like 4