How do you convert buyers?

Kesha

As a seller, you’ll encounter buyers at various stages of their buying journey. Some are all in and ready to start an order by the time they send you a message, while others are still just exploring options.

With the right approach and tactics, it's sometimes possible to convert those window shoppers into paying customers.

What are some of your top advice you could offer to other sellers on how to close the sale on Fiverr?

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Kesha said:

ready to start an order by the time they send you a message

Send them a custom offer!

16 minutes ago, Kesha said:

while others are still just exploring options.

Let them take their time and keep exploring their options. I just write a message saying, "Please take your time and let me know after having a confirmation on the order. I am only one text away!"

If you ask me: I would say it's not always good to lock every single deal. Let a few buyers go! Most of the time, buyers who keep exploring their endless options and looking for cheap options only create trouble. And I still have a 7.59% conversion rate (better than 90% of sellers in my category). So from my part, I just ask questions related to the order and attend to the buyer's queries (if they have any) — other than that, I never put buttery, cheesy messages just to lock any deal.

• Like 13

Converting (especially on a project-by-project basis) is a process, not a one-size-fits-all. So, my top advice comes in two parts:

1) Know yourself. What you WILL do, what you WON'T do, and the price at which you will do your thing.

If a potential Buyer approach me, I first make sure that they're actually in the right place (no point trying to convert someone who wants tacos when they walked into a pizza place), that I can fulfil what they're looking for (no, we cannot put pickles on your pizza, we don't stock those), that they have the budget (no, the pizza isn't free), that I'm okay with what they're looking for (no, we WILL NOT put harmful stuff on the pizza, not even as a joke), and that I can work with the Buyer (no shirt, no shoes, no service). If the project seems like a good fit, well, half the process is already done.

2) Know your customers. Who and where they ARE, and who and where they are NOT.

If I'm looking for Buyers out in the wild, I first understand my buyer persona, my target market, because it's (again) pointless to try to convert someone who has zero interest in what I offer. I recently saw the (particularly clever) "Clustomers" marketing campaign put out by Intuit Mailchimp that sums it up rather nicely. 

• Like 7
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/21/2024 at 7:54 PM, Kesha said:

With the right approach and tactics, it's sometimes possible to convert those window shoppers into paying customers.

• I recently got an inquiry from a customer on one of my gig that is of talking Avatars. She wanted a specific Voice cloned. And then add that voice and do lip syncing with a Photo that she provided.  I sent her the cloned audio in probably less than 5 minutes after her first inquiry that got her attention and she immediately placed an order. 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2024 at 8:54 PM, Kesha said:

As a seller, you’ll encounter buyers at various stages of their buying journey. Some are all in and ready to start an order by the time they send you a message, while others are still just exploring options.

What are some of your top advice you could offer to other sellers on how to close the sale on Fiverr?

Thank you very much for your valuable and informative suggestions on buyer conversion techniques. But I have a silly interest that if you kindly provide a proper guideline or skills which we can apply those buyers for conversion and can take an order through Fiverr , 

• Like 1

On 3/28/2024 at 6:13 AM, imagination7413 said:

Converting (especially on a project-by-project basis) is a process, not a one-size-fits-all. So, my top advice comes in two parts:

1) Know yourself. What you WILL do, what you WON'T do, and the price at which you will do your thing.

If a potential Buyer approach me, I first make sure that they're actually in the right place (no point trying to convert someone who's looking for tacos when they walked into a pizza place), that I can fulfil what I'm looking for (no, we cannot put pickles on your pizza, we don't stock those), that they have the budget (no, the pizza isn't free), that I'm okay with what they're looking for (no, we WILL NOT put harmful stuff on the pizza, not even as a joke), and that I can work with the Buyer (no shirt, no shoes, no service). If the project seems like a good fit, well, half the process is already done.

2) Know your customers. Who and where they ARE, and who and where they are NOT.

If I'm looking for Buyers out in the wild, I first understand my buyer persona, my target market, because it's (again) pointless to try to convert someone who has zero interest in what I offer. I recently saw the (particularly clever) "Clustomers" marketing campaign put out by Intuit Mailchimp that sums it up rather nicely. 

thank you a lot @imagination7413 for your valuable articles on Buyer conversion. I think it will benefitted to all seller and can get order from Fiverr.

• Like 2