Fix the outdated revisions feature.

Enforce a gig's revision limit from a system-level:

When a buyer requests a revision when they've either ran out of free revisions, or for gigs that don't offer free revisions, have a text box appear that lets us input the cost of the revision immediately under the request to send to the client. Once the fee is sent and accepted, the order will actually go into revision mode. If it's declined, the order goes back to the "delivered" status.

As it stands, if a gig offers no revisions or the buyer has already used all their free revisions, it still lets them request more. This means we have to manually send revision fees via custom offers or the resolution center which takes up a lot of time. It also lets abusive buyers continue to request revisions if they don't accept the extra fees, leaving the order in an "in revision" limbo, leaving us with no option but to contact CS and hopefully get a manual cancellation.

Additional QOL:

1. When a client requests a revision, let us manually enter warning text that appears displaying our revision policies. They would have to manually confirm this before continuing. This frees up FAQ/gig description space.
  2. For empty revision notes, have a popup which says: "If you've requested a revision without providing notes on what needs to be revised, the seller can deny your request".
  3. Allow timestamped revision comments to be viewed on mobile. Currently it's very tedious to hop on a desktop, it should be fluent with the app.
  4. Show a counter of remaining free revision requests on the revision button.

How these changes help everyone:

This solution would free up ours, and also customer support's time, while also making it clear to buyers about how many revisions they're actually granted when purchasing a gig, because as it stands there's way too much leeway and not all buyers read gig FAQ's/descriptions.

I'd like to hear everyone else's thoughts on this as it's been a big issue for a long time. Some of the other major freelancing platforms already function this way too, and I think it's time for Fiverr to follow suit.

Edited by nicks_voice
  • Like 6
  • Up 4

• nicks_voice changed the title to Fix the outdated revisions feature.

Also don't allow buyers to request revisions on projects that don't include revisions! 

For my service I offer a sort of "consulting" service. I deliver, you get the consulting, there is no revising my consultation. I frequently get people using revisions to ask follow up questions (which I'm fine with), instead of just using the chat which is super frustrating because in order to "deliver the revision" I have to type up my response in a doc, export it as a PDF and upload it to Fiverr which is a ridiculous waste of my time and energy.

• Like 4
  • Up 3

3 hours ago, nicks_voice said:

From here if the buyer is still unhappy, they can still request a cancellation so it's fair for everyone.

This would be a problem in that you would perform work, then a buyer requests revisions that are not included. If they decline, why give them a cancellation?  Then they will use your original delivery, they get a refund, and you are working for free? Even TOS protects you from this when it states:

“orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the seller if the service was rendered as described in the gig page."

https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

Far better that if they accept the charges, we proceed, if they decline, they keep their delivered work, and you keep your money. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, andywarburton said:

Also don't allow buyers to request revisions on projects that don't include revisions! 

For my service I offer a sort of "consulting" service. I deliver, you get the consulting, there is no revising my consultation. I frequently get people using revisions to ask follow up questions (which I'm fine with), instead of just using the chat which is super frustrating because in order to "deliver the revision" I have to type up my response in a doc, export it as a PDF and upload it to Fiverr which is a ridiculous waste of my time and energy.

You have to let them request revisions. The issue is that you don't have to do them for free if they have either used up the ones in the original order or none we included originally. Imagine you buy a logo for $2,000. You have used up your 2 revisions, but your boss asks for a third revision. You can easily make the case that they need to pay for the 3rd revision, that's fair, but saying that they need to throw out the logo since you won't provide additional PAID revisions is absolutely unprofessional. 

• Like 3

I continue to be amazed at the sellers here who don't understand that you don't deny service to anyone, but you simply charge additional fees once they have used up what they have purchased. I do agree that when the number of revisions in the gig have been exhausted that the text on the revision button should change to "Purchase a revision" as opposed to "Request a revision"

• Like 5
  • Up 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, newsmike said:

This would be a problem in that you would perform work, then a buyer requests revisions that are not included. If they decline, why give them a cancellation?  Then they will use your original delivery, they get a refund, and you are working for free? Even TOS protects you from this when it states:

It’s okay to include it as an option, as CS will follow the terms on cancellations anyways as you mentioned. Regardless, buyers can just do this currently anyway.

Edited by nicks_voice
  • Like 3

Just now, newsmike said:

I don't see Fiverr making it easier to cancel, costing them and you money. It is in your and their best interest to sell additional revisions. 

Sorry, should’ve explained my post better. Will edit, but what I meant was it wouldn’t give buyers a cancellation button, it’d still be the same process as it is currently. 

• Like 4

To be honest, there should be some kind of block on the revision button. Too many buyers press that button just to ask questions instead of using the order chat, and to make things even worse, they wait until the last minute before the 3-day completion period expires...

• Like 5
  • Up 3

5 minutes ago, maitasun said:

To be honest, there should be some kind of block on the revision button. Too many buyers press that button just to ask questions instead of using the order chat, and to make things even worse, they wait until the last minute before the 3-day completion period expires...

What if after 3 days, pressing the revisions button simply started a chat? This way there could be a discussion about what was needed and whether it was included in the gig, or would be an extra charge? Let seller send offer to start process if needed. No automatic reopening of the order?

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, newsmike said:

What if after 3 days, pressing the revisions button simply started a chat? This way there could be a discussion about what was needed and whether it was included in the gig, or would be an extra charge? Let seller send offer to start process if needed. No automatic reopening of the order?

The problem is not after 3 days because the order will be already closed. The issue is before the 3-day period expires, especially when requesting this kind of 'revision' at the last minute, making the order to be marked as late by the system. Fiverr is saying revisions now count against us, so it's not fun to have this type of requests just before the order completes and then see our very smart AI deciding our buyers aren't satisfied enough...

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, maitasun said:

Fiverr is saying revisions now count against us

Ive read so many conflicting things about this, I can’t seem to get a straight answer. Is there official documentation of this somewhere?

Edited by nicks_voice
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, nicks_voice said:

Ive read so many conflicting things about this, I can’t seem to get a straight answer. Is there official documentation of this somewhere?

Kesha said that revisions and extensions won't count against us. However, excessive revisions and extensions might end up making customers unhappy, which brings a bad review, be it public or private. At least that's what she posted regarding this topic. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, andywarburton said:

I agree with this a lot. I offer training sessions via zoom. Once a buyer has had an hour of training, for example, the work is objectively done. The work is the time. I don’t have a Time Machine and I won’t be giving them more free time, so revisions are not possible and therefore not offered.

• Like 2
  • Up 1