Systematically restrict revisions

Even with a clearly described revision policy, and the number of revisions included in the order, it is still far too frequent that buyers will request multiple revisions and expect not to pay for them.

In an ideal world, sellers would know exactly what buyers want based on very little briefs, but that’s not how life works. To me, this is why revisions exist and why I include one in all my packages and custom offers (except certain gigs where revisions don’t make any sense)

The problem with the system as it is, is that a buyer can receive the order and infinitely request revisions for whatever reason they want. If an order includes one revision, that should be the total number that can be requested. In all gigs, Sellers  state how much they charge for an extra revision. If a buyer requests a revision that is not included, the system should offer the buyer the opportunity to purchase an extra revision at that rate.

There should definitely be a secondary option to request a free revision for situations where the delivery is broken and the seller has blatantly not delivered what was agreed upon. Sellers get it wrong, sometimes! Revisions requested through this secondary option that are down to taste would be considered a misuse of that functionality.

I would only need this functionality on rare occasions as I am fortunate enough to work with some excellent clients. However, I would most definitely need this on occasion, if it were an option, and would be willing to pay for seller plus if it were an exclusive feature of that subscription.

This would stop situations where buyers are simply not respecting the process, which can lead to the seller never getting paid for the work they have done.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

• 7 months later...

You have just described the problem but haven't mentioned the solution if the buyer is asking for unlimited revisions again and again with bad intentions just to harras the seller and grab his money then what's the remedy with the seller? what should he do? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mianabidqayyum said:

You have just described the problem but haven't mentioned the solution if the buyer is asking for unlimited revisions again and again with bad intentions just to harras the seller and grab his money then what's the remedy with the seller? what should he do? 

My suggestion was that the system restrict buyers from being able to request revisions beyond the included number in the order.

As I said in my post, it’s rare I get these issues, and I think part of the reason is that I offer premium services that attract particularly good buyers. Perhaps raising prices helps might help?

Either way, sellers need to be comfortable having tough conversations with buyers when necessary, and bringing support in as a last resort. That won’t ever change.

I just think the system needs to align with itself. If a seller includes 2 revisions, for example, that should be the number the buyer can systematically request.

As I said in my original post, there would still need to be a way to request a free revision for when a seller has objectively got it wrong. But misuse of that option should be something that can get a buyer’s account flagged. That way, it will ensure the behaviour of just hitting the “request a revision” button for all eternity doesn’t continue.

• Like 3

From Fiverr's point of view, there is no need to remove the possibility of perpetual revisions. It benefits buyers. The seller can always remind the buyer that the terms of the order include only n number of revisions (unless they offer unlimited revisions). Sure, your proposal would make sellers' life much easier, but I doubt that Fiverr would be interested in restricting buyers' powers in this regard. Also, some sellers are not very good in what they do. So if they offer only, say, 1 revision, that single revision would be quickly exhausted, with the buyer still remaining unhappy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nadiappp said:

some sellers are not very good in what they do. So if they offer only, say, 1 revision, that single revision would be quickly exhausted, with the buyer still remaining unhappy.

Very true. Although, rubbish sellers would then be highlighted and drop in the rankings, which helps fiverr to elevate decent sellers.

• Like 3