Official feedback thread re: the new leveling system

On 9/11/2024 at 9:24 AM, cucinavivace said:

Just an update. I'm up from a success score of 4 to 8 in the past couple months .... despite having only 2 new orders from Fiverr directly in all that time and the rest of it being with older repeat buyers (and still not much of that - total 8 orders in 2 months from 4 customers, 6 orders repeat buyers). Let the confusion continue, but a tad more hope for those waiting it out. 

That's really amazing. Probably you're the first seller who broke the shackles of success score of 4.🙌👏

Also, the 2-year timeline was discussed a lot around the launch of the system and it was mentioned a few times by Fiverr staff too. So its possible that a few bad reviews or cancellations of 2022 moved out of the consideration set and recent ones got prioritized weightage. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, priyank_mod said:

That's really amazing. Probably you're the first seller who broke the shackles of success score of 4.🙌👏

Also, the 2-year timeline was discussed a lot around the launch of the system and it was mentioned a few times by Fiverr staff too. So its possible that a few bad reviews or cancellations of 2022 moved out of the consideration set and recent ones got prioritized weightage. 

I've only had one cancellation and it was by support because I showed the buyer was an identity thief. That was just last year. The possible handful of people who got mad at me for telling them they'd have taxes when they thought they wouldn't and could have left bad private feedback are all in the last couple years too.

I've been on Fiverr for a long time, but I've really been active for the past couple years. I can't make any sense out of what's happening, but hopefully it means it will happen for some others too.

Edited by cucinavivace
  • Like 1

On 9/10/2024 at 12:54 PM, prachibisht627 said:

The same has happened to me after the new system was implemented. My business does not really depend on repeat clients and getting new clients through Fiverr has completely stopped for the past 5-6 months. I cannot even promote my gig to get more traffic because the new system has spoilt my score even though my overall rating is 5. I don't see any support from the fiverr team as well so I have decided to be around for a month or two if there is no improvement I will leave Fiverr gradually because I spending time on fiverr is not paying off. I would focus my time and energy somewhere else.

I came to write more or less the same, but you wrote my  problem so good, that i probably won´t express better.

And, more important, you are absolutely right, and reliefs me of not being the only one who felt the same way.

Thanks.

• Like 3

I don’t understand why the forum staff doesn’t report all these issues to the developers to fix the problem. It doesn’t make sense to cancel or pause a gigs that has brought in a lot of revenue in the past, but today, due to some strange metric, gives you a score of 4.

• Like 4

Has anyone else's sales dropped off massively since this new system was put in place? ive never had such a terrible time in over 5 years. only a few orders in the last few months. getting way fewer messages of interest or enquiries, way fewer orders, my stats arent changing despite getting 5 star reviews whenever i do get an order.

this site has completely fallen off for me. its a shame. i dont know what else I can do.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ceilingeyes said:

Has anyone else's sales dropped off massively since this new system was put in place? ive never had such a terrible time in over 5 years. only a few orders in the last few months. getting way fewer messages of interest or enquiries, way fewer orders, my stats arent changing despite getting 5 star reviews whenever i do get an order.

this site has completely fallen off for me. its a shame. i dont know what else I can do.

Yes.

Started going downhill November 2023.

Dropped off completely when the new system came in.

I used to get 4 or 5 queries a day, barely get that a month. Have since moved over to Upwork and doing *very* well.

My current batch of orders on Fiverr will be my last, they are taking far too much in fees, their support has gone down the drain, the new stats system is amateur hour nonsense and the seller plus program is an utter waste of time and money.

Fiverr was a great springboard into working for myself and building a portfolio, but it's not a serious long-term endeavour - nor is it attracting serious, professional clients which is why nobody is getting pro rated any more. There's barely any work for them.

Get yourself onto Upwork and start building your own clients too. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• 4 weeks later...

1 year anniversary since the great mass quiet firing. What quiet firing? Right...

Ironically, a repeat customer just handed me a lead in an Indy Video game. 

So despite Fiverr's efforts, I still won something. You're lucky I like the platform experience, 
though I hear bringing customers to UpW is cheaper. 🤐

I'm just wondering when sanity will return to Fiverr. I'm not allowed to compete in the greater market.
The end. 
This is not an open market, or a meritocracy. If you aren't actually allowed to compete, then there is no opportunity to garner merit. Fiverr doesn't have to admit at this point that it is very much a black box agency. It is a given. A weird one at that. Even known talent, successful talent, that generated so much money, now wonder if the well is dry. The problem here is that we on the seller side have no idea how to please the over-watch. You're playing a game and keeping some of the rules secret. 

Edited by rudyabel
  • Like 1
  • Up 1