How to distinguish true buyer from a fake buyer

roger1127

Question

Good day everyone:

I'm just a newbie here on Fiverr as a freelancer, but since then, I've been receiving messages from different people asking some help from me relevance to my skills as shown in my gigs; however I just got confused because all of them want me to negotiate with them for some details of their project at telegram. Kindly give me some sort of advices what to do? Or should I accept their offer for negotiations on telegram?

Thank you!

• Like 5

9 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, roger1127 said:

Now, I would like to know if all prospective buyers who want to discuss details of the project on telegram are all considered as fake buyers?

They're all scammers. Best case scenario, you end up working for free. Worst case scenario, there's identity theft.

If you read Fiverr's terms of service, you will see that all the communication has to stay on Fiverr. Break that rule, and you could get permanently banned.

• Like 8
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

I recommend you read the terms of service. Contacting people outside of Fiverr will get you banned. Most if not all people that send a Telegram related message tend to be scammer.

A reliable, real buyer will always keep things on Fiverr. So, you are dealing with scammers, ignore them and move on.

• Like 4
  • Up 6

On 2/10/2024 at 11:12 AM, roger1127 said:

where should I report the same?

See: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/9596156809105-How-to-report-content-or-behavior-on-Fiverr

It should say there (about reporting) that in the message system if you hover your mouse over the users's message you'll see 3 dots on the top right. Clicking that will give the menu with the report option.

Or the help system in general: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/ 

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 8
  • Up 1

Stay within the Fiverr communication interface. This is your protection mechanism.

Ignore any outside communication requests - treat these as scammers - they do not want traceability. If a 'client' does not want to place an official order on the Fiverr platform, then ignore them. 

• Like 4
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Good day everyone:

Where to find help whenever I've got some messages directing me to negotiate on telegram?

Or stated differently where should I report the same?

I know, for a fact, that it is under our rules here, on Fiverr that all buyers must show there intent to buy and indicate the details of the transactions here on Fiverr alone.

Kindly help me in this regard.

Thank you!

Edited by roger1127
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Lately, I've been receiving messages from a prospective buyers, but sad to say, all of them want me to negotiate the manager on telegram for some of the details. Now, I would like to know if all prospective buyers who want to discuss details of the project on telegram are all considered as fake buyers?

Kindly help!

Thank you!

Edited by roger1127
  • Like 6