New scam attempt (sophisticated)

visualstudios

Hello @cherryt08 

Yes, it appears to be a scam. We are aware of the issue and are actively working to resolve it. Please report this user to our Customer Support immediately. Send an email to support@fiverr.com with all the screenshots you have.

We strongly recommend not opening suspicious links, QR codes, or files from senders you have not contacted directly. Please be aware that Fiverr will never contact you via inbox to request payments, passwords, or private information.

Thank you. 

• Like 3

Never thought i might get scammed by this ridiculous way. (my whole life I have strong detection for frauds and scam)
The reason i felt for this trap is:
I get excited about someone bought my service.
Did not took any time to re-check and didn't paid attention (compulsive behaviour).
I was doing multitasking on few other things ( I underestimated the situation and fraud level)

This lesson costs me 150 euro. From the other hand - I'm glad I didnt have much more money.

I will be more aware, and suspicious. Will use antivirus programs and their online banking security.

scrsht.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

You can ask for a chargeback via your bank.

Yes, thank you - i've contacted my bank - they say aprox 8 days to give me statement, and if i get on my mobile app any info for the transaction, go to the bank and show it. Then i can write by myself a chargeback letter. My hopes are 50/50.

• Like 2

Is there anyone that had their money refunded via their Bank after this situation? After how many days was the transfer accepted by the scammer? It's very annoying and stressful for the new ones. Can't believe that Fiverr gets so many scammers on it's platform. 

• Like 2

🚨 Scam Alert: Fiverr QR Code Fraud 🚨

Hi everyone,

I want to share a recent experience that I hope will help others avoid falling victim to a disturbing scam I encountered on Fiverr.

After registering on Fiverr, I received a message from what appeared to be their support team. The message stated that my freelance service was temporarily unable to accept new orders due to a new policy. It instructed me to scan a QR code for verification. The message claimed that scanning the code would restore my service and allow me to see new orders.

Unfortunately, after following the instructions and scanning the QR code, money was continuously deducted from my bank account. Despite assurances that a refund would be issued, I have yet to see any reimbursement.

Here’s what you need to watch out for:

1. Suspicious Messages: Be cautious of messages that ask you to scan QR codes or provide personal information.
  2. Verify Sources: Always confirm with the official support channels if you receive unexpected requests.
  3. Report Scams: If you suspect a scam, report it immediately to the platform and your bank.

Stay vigilant and protect yourself from these types of fraud. If you’ve encountered a similar situation or have advice, please share in the comments!

bandicam 2024-07-26 17-52-07-959.jpg

bandicam 2024-07-26 17-52-14-762.jpg

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

I want to share a recent experience that I hope will help others avoid falling victim to a disturbing scam I encountered on Fiverr.

After registering on Fiverr, I received a message from what appeared to be their support team. The message stated that my freelance service was temporarily unable to accept new orders due to a new policy. It instructed me to scan a QR code for verification. The message claimed that scanning the code would restore my service and allow me to see new orders.

Unfortunately, after following the instructions and scanning the QR code, money was continuously deducted from my bank account. Despite assurances that a refund would be issued, I have yet to see any reimbursement.

1. Suspicious Messages: Be cautious of messages that ask you to scan QR codes or provide personal information.
  2. Verify Sources: Always confirm with the official support channels if you receive unexpected requests.
  3. Report Scams: If you suspect a scam, report it immediately to the platform and your bank.

Stay vigilant and protect yourself from these types of fraud. If you’ve encountered a similar situation or have advice, please share in the comments!

• Like 3

Hi everyone,

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/23/2024 at 1:01 PM, Lena said:

Hello @webotivecloud & @vishalsahu98 

Yes, it appears to be a scam. We are aware of the issue and are actively working to resolve it. Please report this user to our Customer Support immediately. Send an email to support@fiverr.com with all the screenshots you have.

We strongly recommend not opening suspicious links, QR codes, or files from senders you have not contacted directly. Please be aware that Fiverr will never contact you via inbox to request payments, passwords, or private information.

Thank you. 

As you said, I opened a ticket, it has been the 6th day and I have not been notified of any updates yet.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, kushpydev said:

I got this message on fiverr. That someone is wants my service but they say they need my email ID to operate. 

It's the start of a scam. Block and report the buyer immediately.

These buyers first collect your email address, then email you from a fake email address (pretending to be Fiverr customer support) and in the name of account verification, ask for your credit card information to scam you out of your hard-earned money.

Buyers do not need any "personal" (such as email) or "your credit card" information to place an order.

• Like 2
  • Up 1
  • Insightful 1

Hello @rimon_32 

Yes, it appears to be a scam. Do not be swayed by the rating. Please report this user to our Customer Support immediately. Send an email to support@fiverr.com with all the screenshots you have.

Sharing personal information is against our Guidelines and can lead to an account restriction. 

Thank you.

• Like 7
  • Up 2

It's a scam, but the seller's account (who sent the scam message) has probably been hacked if it's one with 173 rates on it and they joined about 4 years ago, since normally an account would get banned soon after they sent those messages.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 7
  • Up 3

1 hour ago, Lena said:

Hello @rimon_32 

Yes, it appears to be a scam. Do not be swayed by the rating. Please report this user to our Customer Support immediately. Send an email to support@fiverr.com with all the screenshots you have.

Sharing personal information is against our Guidelines and can lead to an account restriction. 

Thank you.

@Lena Thanks for your feedback. 

• Like 4
  • Up 1

Hey there @cgraihan_3d 

If you suspect that you have been contacted by a scammer, please report them immediately to our Customer Support. Send an email to support@fiverr.com with all the screenshots you have.

Thank you.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

It's a scam message from someone trying to get your details and then probably try to scam you by taking money out of your account if you followed their later instructions.

Since you've already reported the message I assume you already suspected it was a scam message. Since it's already been reported there's no more you need to do (unless you want to report it to CS at the help desk). It might or might not affect your response rate if you haven't replied. 

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 20
  • Up 2
  • Support 1

I need help with getting the money. i get an order and put my bank card info but it needs 3ds enabled and i dont have a mobile app. and they dont let me do paypal even tho its avaible in my country

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lukavv1 said:

I need help with getting the money. i get an order and put my bank card info but it needs 3ds enabled and i dont have a mobile app. and they dont let me do paypal even tho its avaible in my country

You're getting SCAMMED!! Do not provide them any personal info i.e. card details, email id or password/otp. 

Report and block the sender. 

• Like 1
  • Up 1