New scam attempt (sophisticated)

visualstudios

I lost all my money while being verified on Stripe. What should I do?

I'm a newbie freelancer. While I was processing my first order, I had to verify my bank details on Stripe. I got charged almost all my money on it, and they said that in order to refund it, I had to increase the balance by 200 EUR. But the money they took was all I have. What should I do? See photos for reference.

451432459_1395138694812103_1886950915511018784_n (1) (1).png

451432459_1395138694812103_1886950915511018784_n (1).png

451232115_7925795887499669_1114320232065869999_n (1).png

451432459_1395138694812103_1886950915511018784_n.png

Edited by noelaprecio

Yes it is a scam. There's no live chat on Fiverr. And Fiverr will never ask you for money directly. 

Initiate a chargeback from your bank and try to maybe change your credit card, do something so those scammers don't have access to your credit card info. 

• Up 1

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

Yes it is a scam. There's no live chat on Fiverr. And Fiverr will never ask you for money directly. 

Initiate a chargeback from your bank and try to maybe change your credit card, do something so those scammers don't have access to your credit card info. 

Oh no. I thought it was legit. The thing is I've had multiple messages on fiverr saying I need to verify my bank account. I did that and clicked the links and all and this is what happened. The chat box I posted was on Stripe. I have no idea it was not legitimate. It looked something like this.

[Mod note: Image edited to hide user's card number.]

image.png.6e5c6c4c5f773f424200835f283dfef5.png

image.png.016e1d3266d48470c3e87c23650a26cb.png

13 minutes ago, noelaprecio said:

The chat box I posted was on Stripe

Fiverr doesn't offer support for Stripe, so that alone is a warning sign.

Make sure that you try to go to the bank and ask for a chargeback because you were scammed. Again, Fiverr doesn't ask you for money. If you have a message asking for that, it's a scam. They would never do that. 

• Up 1

3 hours ago, noelaprecio said:

I lost all my money while being verified on Stripe. What should I do?

I'm a newbie freelancer. While I was processing my first order, I had to verify my bank details on Stripe. I got charged almost all my money on it, and they said that in order to refund it, I had to increase the balance by 200 EUR. But the money they took was all I have. What should I do? See photos for reference.

It happened to me just now. I thought it was legit and proceed credit card for 288.60 euro. Now i am chasing my credit card company for the refund and reported as scam. Omg... 

I’m a new seller, is this possible first sell or scam

I received a message…. Second one of the day. The first one I immediately could tell it was a scam, someone posing as a Fiverr admin but their message was something that was super obvious that they weren’t. 
However this is different. How does the first sale work? Will there be “invoice” type messages? I’ve included a screenshot of what I’m seeing. 
Can someone help me determine if this is a legit buyer or if it’s a scammer?
thank you in advance 🫶🏻

IMG_1510.png.bc51f4fc6a4c1574db6157e799bd51c9.png

• Sad 1
  • Up 1

Hi All, Kindly let me know have you received any message from "Verification" with Fiverr symbol in Fiverr message box ?

Once, I came out from the message window, now it is disappeared. Fortunately, I captured the screen shot and that screen shot is attached with this message.WhatsAppImage2024-07-23at09_51_25.jpeg.97d29446c5f6ed534a701a0a79e4dd17.jpeg

51 minutes ago, webotivecloud said:

Hi All, Kindly let me know have you received any message from "Verification" with Fiverr symbol in Fiverr message box ?

Once, I came out from the message window, now it is disappeared. Fortunately, I captured the screen shot and that screen shot is attached with this message.WhatsAppImage2024-07-23at09_51_25.jpeg.97d29446c5f6ed534a701a0a79e4dd17.jpeg

It's a fake account(scammer)

be careful

54 minutes ago, webotivecloud said:

Yes! same message i also received today 

Hello @webotivecloud & @vishalsahu98 

Yes, it appears to be a scam. We are aware of the issue and are actively working to resolve it. Please report this user to our Customer Support immediately. Send an email to support@fiverr.com with all the screenshots you have.

We strongly recommend not opening suspicious links, QR codes, or files from senders you have not contacted directly. Please be aware that Fiverr will never contact you via inbox to request payments, passwords, or private information.

Thank you. 

Hello @cherryt08 

Yes, it appears to be a scam. We are aware of the issue and are actively working to resolve it. Please report this user to our Customer Support immediately. Send an email to support@fiverr.com with all the screenshots you have.

We strongly recommend not opening suspicious links, QR codes, or files from senders you have not contacted directly. Please be aware that Fiverr will never contact you via inbox to request payments, passwords, or private information.

Thank you. 

• Like 1

Never thought i might get scammed by this ridiculous way. (my whole life I have strong detection for frauds and scam)
The reason i felt for this trap is:
I get excited about someone bought my service.
Did not took any time to re-check and didn't paid attention (compulsive behaviour).
I was doing multitasking on few other things ( I underestimated the situation and fraud level)

This lesson costs me 150 euro. From the other hand - I'm glad I didnt have much more money.

I will be more aware, and suspicious. Will use antivirus programs and their online banking security.

scrsht.png

3 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

You can ask for a chargeback via your bank.

Yes, thank you - i've contacted my bank - they say aprox 8 days to give me statement, and if i get on my mobile app any info for the transaction, go to the bank and show it. Then i can write by myself a chargeback letter. My hopes are 50/50.

Is there anyone that had their money refunded via their Bank after this situation? After how many days was the transfer accepted by the scammer? It's very annoying and stressful for the new ones. Can't believe that Fiverr gets so many scammers on it's platform. 

🚨 Scam Alert: Fiverr QR Code Fraud 🚨

Hi everyone,

I want to share a recent experience that I hope will help others avoid falling victim to a disturbing scam I encountered on Fiverr.

After registering on Fiverr, I received a message from what appeared to be their support team. The message stated that my freelance service was temporarily unable to accept new orders due to a new policy. It instructed me to scan a QR code for verification. The message claimed that scanning the code would restore my service and allow me to see new orders.

Unfortunately, after following the instructions and scanning the QR code, money was continuously deducted from my bank account. Despite assurances that a refund would be issued, I have yet to see any reimbursement.

Here’s what you need to watch out for:

1. Suspicious Messages: Be cautious of messages that ask you to scan QR codes or provide personal information.
  2. Verify Sources: Always confirm with the official support channels if you receive unexpected requests.
  3. Report Scams: If you suspect a scam, report it immediately to the platform and your bank.

Stay vigilant and protect yourself from these types of fraud. If you’ve encountered a similar situation or have advice, please share in the comments!

bandicam 2024-07-26 17-52-07-959.jpg

bandicam 2024-07-26 17-52-14-762.jpg

Hi everyone,

I want to share a recent experience that I hope will help others avoid falling victim to a disturbing scam I encountered on Fiverr.

After registering on Fiverr, I received a message from what appeared to be their support team. The message stated that my freelance service was temporarily unable to accept new orders due to a new policy. It instructed me to scan a QR code for verification. The message claimed that scanning the code would restore my service and allow me to see new orders.

Unfortunately, after following the instructions and scanning the QR code, money was continuously deducted from my bank account. Despite assurances that a refund would be issued, I have yet to see any reimbursement.

1. Suspicious Messages: Be cautious of messages that ask you to scan QR codes or provide personal information.
  2. Verify Sources: Always confirm with the official support channels if you receive unexpected requests.
  3. Report Scams: If you suspect a scam, report it immediately to the platform and your bank.

Stay vigilant and protect yourself from these types of fraud. If you’ve encountered a similar situation or have advice, please share in the comments!

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/23/2024 at 1:01 PM, Lena said:

Hello @webotivecloud & @vishalsahu98 

Thank you. 

As you said, I opened a ticket, it has been the 6th day and I have not been notified of any updates yet.