How do you rate the new buyer reviews and rating systems!

One of my clients rated me 4.7 but he was delighted and put a precious comment on ratings. I think he misunderstands the new systems. He wanted to give me 5, but unfortunately, he gave me 4.7 for new features. I know I have some low ratings but this one was exceptional. 

Screenshot_2.jpg

• Like 14

It is horrible!!!!!!!!!    I am afraid I am doing the sellers a disservice because I get sick of all the time and screens taken up to show little graphics, and exit without completing.   It was bad enough when you were asked to double rate, once 'privately' (hah -- which meant for fiverr purposes) and once 'publicly'.    

• Like 11

45 minutes ago, designandstudio said:

One of my clients rated me 4.7 but he was delighted and put a precious comment on ratings. I think he misunderstands the new systems. He wanted to give me 5, but unfortunately, he gave me 4.7 for new features. I know I have some low ratings but this one was exceptional. 

So now Fiverr has a page with this review system, either it's fully gone live, or it will be live very very soon. Well, I can only expect more people to start complaining about 4.7s. 

20 minutes ago, designandstudio said:

You don't know when your gig will go unranked for a private rate

Value for money was originally in private reviews. And since a lot of people are complaining about value for money being the place where they get 4 stars, clearly buyers were leaving less than ideal reviews (at least from the seller's perspective) privately. 

• Like 12
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

When it comes to private reviews. A good idea for Fiverr to implement, would be to count private reviews made by purchasers who DID NOT, previously leave a public review. For example, if a buyer bought something on the platform from a seller, didn't leave a review, let the order auto-complete, and left a private review later on - that would count against the seller. As opposed to buyers who leave 4+ or 5 star reviews in public. Then later on, drop it to -4 or less in private.

• Like 9
  • Up 2

My two partial responses to this problem: simply I do not review any more.  Have done so many orders no seller will question my validity.  And, airgigs is finally improving .. slowly .. their version of this process, so taking more business there.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Without regard to the time wasting multiple emoji screens which I wish would stop immediately  .. is "value for money" worth rating?  Yes, I would say it is.   There are some sellers who do wonderful work but really charge more than I think is right .. so their work quality is five stars, their cooperative nature and ease of work etc is five stars, but honestly their value for money is not at the top, others do more or less the same with more reasonable prices.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just realized, with this forum discussion, that I no longer tip at all.   I guess the tip comes after the pages of emojis.   Nice in a way, but I feel bad for the many great sellers I've worked with over the past couple of years.  

• Like 7
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, will998 said:

but honestly their value for money is not at the top, others do more or less the same with more reasonable prices

a great solution for this is to order from others that offer more reasonable prices, it's strictly your choice if you pay for a more expensive gig or not, since you have different packages to choose from and different sellers to choose from you shouldn't complain about the prices that someone asked since there are so many options. Only that seller knows how much is his time worth and how much is he investing in your order.  ''  but honestly their value for money is not at the top '' is complicated to evaluate from the buyer's perspective and it's also kinda unfair since there are hundreds of other options on Fiverr, the buyer is making a choice when he places an order.

3 hours ago, will998 said:

but really charge more than I think is right

Well, the seller is charging what he thinks is right. If you check some Pro sellers they have 400$ 500$ prices 5000$ prices...  That's the price that you pay for working with a specific seller.

Also, there are tons of gigs in all categories that are 5$ ... so if you choose a 5$ gig or a 200$ gig is strictly your option and in my opinion, a seller shouldn't be blamed that for some reason after the buyer decided to pick him he also thinks that he has unreasonable prices. The sellers have portfolios, gig galleries, reviews, and so on so if he does the job according to what's advertised complaining about the price would be unreasonable.

• Like 9
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I feel for sellers with the changes and all, but I’m noticing a lot of 5 star reviews on sellers who are not qualified to do the job, these are pity reviews and it tricks other buyers into purchasing from a less-than-stellar seller. Buyer gets afraid and gives seller 5 stars even if they suck (then gives an honest rating privately) however another buyer comes in and publicly sees 5-stars and think seller is good when in all honesty they sucked. This has wasted so much valuable time and money, and a nightmare experience on the platform. 😞

The only thing I agree with that’s odd might be value for money that should probably not apply since buyers can choose who to work with. 

• Like 10

On 1/28/2024 at 10:46 PM, designandstudio said:

I think private will be more dangerous. You don't know when your gig will go unranked for a private rate

It's always been dangerous. Value for money has always been a part of private reviews. I now see why my success manager said that sometimes even a 5 star review can come with a bad private review. If people pay attention as much as they do here with these reviews, I can only imagine what happens privately. 

58 minutes ago, pinksamuraiii said:

This has wasted so much valuable time and money, and a nightmare experience on the platform. 😞

It also pushed a lot of buyers away. Fiverr has a lot of data we don't know. But if they decided to try and lower seller reviews, they aren't doing that without looking at data first, that's for sure. 

• Like 7

11 hours ago, pinksamuraiii said:

I feel for sellers with the changes and all, but I’m noticing a lot of 5 star reviews on sellers who are not qualified to do the job, these are pity reviews and it tricks other buyers into purchasing from a less-than-stellar seller. Buyer gets afraid and gives seller 5 stars even if they suck (then gives an honest rating privately) however another buyer comes in and publicly sees 5-stars and think seller is good when in all honesty they sucked. This has wasted so much valuable time and money, and a nightmare experience on the platform. 😞

The only thing I agree with that’s odd might be value for money that should probably not apply since buyers can choose who to work with. 

What do you think about the ratings on the screenshot? It was my regular buyer and what he wanted to give me?

Screenshot_3.jpg

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, designandstudio said:

What do you think about the ratings on the screenshot? It was my regular buyer and what he wanted to give me?

Regular buyers don't always equate to 5 stars every time. Maybe this time you delivered a lower quality product than usual. You still expect the buyer to provide the same review? Not saying that was the case here, but it might very well be, who knows. That's the thing Fiverr tries to avoid, people leaving automatic reviews, instead of actively reviewing the work the way it was done. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

Regular buyers don't always equate to 5 stars every time. Maybe this time you delivered a lower quality product than usual. You still expect the buyer to provide the same review? Not saying that was the case here, but it might very well be, who knows. That's the thing Fiverr tries to avoid, people leaving automatic reviews, instead of actively reviewing the work the way it was done. 

I understand but did you notice the comments? 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, designandstudio said:

Screenshot_3.jpg

This is a good review. I don’t know why you think it’s bad?

Let me tell you what’s bad -> Having a seller tell you they can do a job and see they have two 5-star reviews and going with them based on that, only to realize that the reviews weren’t authentic and I end up wasting my money/time because the other buyers were afraid to rate them honestly in fear of retaliation (since sellers can also rate the buyers). That is what is bad with the system. This will cause buyers to give up on the platform. 

*The only remedy to this is to force buyers to rate more honestly upfront, which is what the platform is now doing with the update. 

Edited by pinksamuraiii
Adding why it applies to the updates
  • Like 7

29 minutes ago, designandstudio said:

I understand but did you notice the comments? 

Yes. As @pinksamuraiiisaid, 4.7 is a good review. Everyone expects people to rate them 5 stars on everything. When that happens, all sellers on the platform have 5 stars and Fiverr needs to create such a review system to drag things down. 

25 minutes ago, pinksamuraiii said:

Having a seller tell you they can do a job and see they have two 5-star reviews and going with them based on that, only to realize that the reviews weren’t authentic and I end up wasting my money/time because the other buyers were afraid to rate them honestly in fear of retaliation

THIS! There were people who hired a very bad competitor of mine (who was since banned for scamming) and they left a 5 star review, saying only bad things about their experience. But they still left 5 stars, because they didn't want to drag down the person. Yeah, that's the type of thing this new review system tries to avoid.

And by the way, I had a 4.7 review a few days ago, even if the buyer received way more than we agreed and I went the extra mile. It's fine, because whenever a buyer checks and sees that the work was great, the missing star doesn't really matter. 

• Like 8