Stop the briefs

Since fiverr switched to briefs i haven't gotten any work in over a year. I make pixel art and storyboards for film and your bullshit system sends me briefs to make people board games or other briefs that have nothing to do with what I offer. I am sure you will say that I need to promote myself on social media which makes sense, but please tell me why fiverr should get 21% of my money if I am doing all the hard work? Change things back to how they were so freelancers can actually make some money.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

6 minutes ago, animationbdenny said:

but please tell me why fiverr should get 21% of my money if I am doing all the hard work? Change things back to how they were so freelancers can actually make some money.

It's a very tricky situation man. Fiverr does promote you organically, so that alone is worth their cut, not to mention they manage transactions and stuff. 

That being said, I don't think Briefs are very popular to begin with, especially for your niche. And if they kept the old system, you would just have dozens of people trying to make sellers do 20x the work for 1x the price. Briefs are much better, but I stopped them myself because it's not something relevant for me honestly.

• Like 3
  • Up 3

I wouldn't mind if Fiverr discontinued Briefs (but only after they fix Fiverr Neo). Briefs don't provide enough information and you have to chat with Neo for a very, very, long time before you start getting anything remotely relevant. I'm not sure how that would affect sellers, but since buyers can see many more suggestions over the course of a conversation, they are potentially shown more sellers than they'll ever see when submitting briefs.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 4
  • Up 1