Long time Fiverr users

viciam11

I've been here since a few months after Fiverr opened its doors. It was quite different back then... as was the world of internet content creation, marketing, website building, etc. I can't specifically say that it was easier to get orders at a specific point. All that depends on individual business growth and a seller's efforts.

Is it more challenging these days? Yes, for certain industries especially (i.e., ones that people believe AI can replace) and because there are so many more people trying to work from home and freelance than there ever were before.

Ultimately, it has very little to do with Fiverr itself. It's our responsibility to grow our businesses.

• Like 25

49 minutes ago, melanielm said:

I've been here since a few months after Fiverr opened its doors. It was quite different back then... as was the world of internet content creation, marketing, website building, etc. I can't specifically say that it was easier to get orders at a specific point. All that depends on individual business growth and a seller's efforts.

Is it more challenging these days? Yes, for certain industries especially (i.e., ones that people believe AI can replace) and because there are so many more people trying to work from home and freelance than there ever were before.

Ultimately, it has very little to do with Fiverr itself. It's our responsibility to grow our businesses.

Nice to know that.

• Like 22

1 hour ago, melanielm said:

Thanks. What about prices. Do you think prices offered on gigs has decreased or has it always been similar?

• Like 22

44 minutes ago, viciam11 said:

What about prices. Do you think prices offered on gigs has decreased or has it always been similar?

Definitely increased. It's been more than 10 years. Prices on everything have increased!

This is for quality sellers, of course. There are probably just as many new sellers who lack professional skills that still offer things for $5.00.

In the very beginning, I believe you HAD to offer services for $5.00 only. It was a long time ago, and I don't quite remember.

• Like 24
  • Up 2

13 minutes ago, melanielm said:

Definitely increased. It's been more than 10 years. Prices on everything have increased!

This is for quality sellers, of course. There are probably just as many new sellers who lack professional skills that still offer things for $5.00.

In the very beginning, I believe you HAD to offer services for $5.00 only. It was a long time ago, and I don't quite remember.

Yeh it was. I remember using Fiverr to buy things for $5 back in the day.

• Like 18

4 hours ago, viciam11 said:

I just joined recently and was curious of how it used to be? Any long timers around?

I'm not a long-timer (I was a new seller early last year), but my average price per order in January 2022 was $15 (I did have $5 gigs to start off with). By March, my average price was $50. By May, my average price per order was $150. By July, my average price per order was $350 and I still increase my prices from time to time, just not as often.

I really think prices should be based on your services and the value that you can provide to your customers (not what others in the market are offering). I started at $5 because I was looking at other gigs on the market. I increased my prices because buyers were ordering my services and increasing my prices was the only way to control orders to a manageable workload (and keep myself sane).

• Like 28

2 minutes ago, vickieito said:

I'm not a long-timer (I was a new seller early last year), but my average price per order in January 2022 was $15 (I did have $5 gigs to start off with). By March, my average price was $50. By May, my average price per order was $150. By July, my average price per order was $350 and I still increase my prices from time to time, just not as often.

Your growth trajectory📈 is incredibly awe-inspiring @vickieito🎉🙌

• Like 20

6 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

Your growth trajectory📈 is incredibly awe-inspiring @vickieito🎉🙌

Thanks @priyank_mod! I think @melanielm said it perfectly here:

2 hours ago, melanielm said:

Some sellers never think to change their prices or improve the value of their services. When I hit an average of $500 per order this year, I was looking at sellers who were averaging $1,000 or more and wondering how I could get there. I invested in courses so that I could develop the skills to keep growing my freelancing business.

However, this year has also been a pretty rocky one (personally), so I'm scaling back for now. I should probably finish all the courses I've purchased and go through my long list of things to do to keep moving forward.

• Like 23

3 hours ago, vickieito said:

I really think prices should be based on your services and the value that you can provide to your customers (not what others in the market are offering). I started at $5 because I was looking at other gigs on the market. I increased my prices because buyers were ordering my services and increasing my prices was the only way to control orders to a manageable workload (and keep myself sane).

Wow that's a pretty fast rise. Nice job.

• Like 17

21 hours ago, melanielm said:

Honestly, it's way more challenging these days. I basically offer services that AI can definitely replace(as people say) and because of that I have set reasonable prices for my gigs but I still find so many people out there who'd rather hire people to do the work rather than assigning the task to AI and then making so many edits because it equals almost double the work. AI might be smart but it might never be able to adapt a human tone and emotions which we particularly implement when writing copy.

• Like 18
  • Up 1

On 12/8/2023 at 12:38 PM, viciam11 said:

What was Fiverr like in terms of getting orders etc many many years ago

Well, many things were different, prices were much lower... I remember that there was a period when I had 100-120 orders in queue. But it was the same work for a 5$ order as it's not for a 100$ order ( at least in my case ) so I would never want to have 100 5$ orders in queue.  There were other rules as well, bad reviews could be eliminated with cancellation requests after the completion of the order and so on. Fun times 🙂

• Like 18

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2023 at 2:52 PM, Alex.M said:

Well, many things were different, prices were much lower... I remember that there was a period when I had 100-120 orders in queue. But it was the same work for a 5$ order as it's not for a 100$ order ( at least in my case ) so I would never want to have 100 5$ orders in queue.  There were other rules as well, bad reviews could be eliminated with cancellation requests after the completion of the order and so on. Fun times 🙂

You were able to remove negative reviews? Hmmm that's interesting.

• Like 11