ATTENTION ALL VOICE ARTISTS: Fiverr apparently added an option for 'live direction' without even telling us and it's ENABLED BY DEFAULT...

terrygrantvo

The only reason I even know it exists is because someone just placed an order and added it. And of course, because it was added to my gig extras without my knowing... and it's enabled... it was free to add because I hadn't set a price.

Setting aside the fact that directed reads are something you have to be set up to do effectively, and even if I wanted to offer directed reads (which I don't), how the hell are we supposed to do that if we can't even communicate outside the platform?!?!

Now I have to decide whether to disable it and disappear from search for two days because I edited my gig, or roll the dice and hope no one else adds it to an order until the weekend when I don't mind disappearing from search.

I swear to God, circus animals are in charge of making these decisions.

Edited by terrygrantvo
  • Like 8
  • Confused 2
  • Up 1

• terrygrantvo changed the title to ATTENTION ALL VOICE ARTISTS: Fiverr apparently added an option for 'live direction' without even telling us and it's ENABLED BY DEFAULT...

I just checked my 6 voiceover gigs and none of them have this added to them. I do offer it, but only upon request since it would require scheduling and additional costs.

I am glad to see it as an option in edit mode. I hope they add more options for Usage as I've had to create several options myself with custom extras

Also: I have never had a gig disappear from search results from making any changes. I'm not sure if that is something new, but I make changes weekly to all of my gigs and I end up getting more business as a result.  From my understanding [though I could be wrong] - updating gigs shows activity on your end which artificially boosts ranking rather than having a negative effect.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, leannelrivers said:

I have it as an option now, but it's not something I want to offer. There's the option of Commercial and Broadcast 1 year extras now too. 

It has been added to my menu of options to offer, but not activated. I occasionally offer the live direction when requested, if the buyer seems savvy enough.  I price it so most will not purchase it.

I do like the way they have now defined commercial and broadcast rights as 1 year.

image.png.e151f52b50a99f4eca2f38803d0008ae.png

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 8
  • Up 1

4 hours ago, terrygrantvo said:

Interesting. My commercial and broadcast rights don't have the 1 year thing yet, so they must be rolling out the changes piecemeal.

Frustrating that the live direction thing was enabled for me, but I'm glad to hear I was the only one (so far anyway).

Hopefully you don't have to take a cancel on that.

• Like 4