Israel attack

newsmike

This is an entire new level to that conflict. Very hard to know what will happen atm, but I think we'll be seeing some deep changes in the entire geopolitical situation going forward. The narrative seems to be changing as well, even left wing people that were traditionally more "oh, both sides", or pro palestine,  are fully behind Israel and their right to defend themselves this time, including by counter attacking en force. Patience seems to have run out. That situation must be solved once and for all. 

The people in the field behind these terrorist attacks didn't think it through, it's not gonna end well for them. Of course, the real culprits are far away, this is a proxy war to distract from Ukraine anyway, at least to some extent.

• Like 9
  • Up 1

5 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

Ukraine, Israel, ...... it does not stop.

Actually, US cannot support 2 wars at once. TV here in US already discussing whether US needs to walk away from Ukraine to defend Israel. One commentator noted that this morning alone we have seen more brutal footage out of Israel than the entire Ukraine war.  Not good. 

• Like 6
  • Up 1

1 minute ago, newsmike said:

Actually, US cannot support 2 wars at once. TV here in US already discussing whether US needs to walk away from Ukraine to defend Israel. One commentator noted that this morning alone we have seen more brutal footage out of Israel than the entire Ukraine war.  Not good. 

Yep. Timing is very convenient. This is a proxy war, and someone behind it is interested in distracting the US from Ukraine. Although, the US can easily support a war with the entire world at once, it may not be popular, but their industrial military complex is unmatched. 

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 8
  • Up 2

Just now, visualstudios said:

Yep. Timing is very convenient. This is a proxy war, and someone behind it is interested in distracting the US from Ukraine. 

Theory just put forward on discussion panel is exactly that. It could be an intentional play to pull US into 2 wars, causing us to print more money, deploy more resources and weaken US.  Iran keeps getting mentioned. 

• Like 5
  • Up 1

3 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Although, the US can easily support a war with the entire world at once, it may not be popular, but their industrial military complex is unmatched. 

But our leadership is inept at the moment. There is a reason this is happening now. 

• Like 5
  • Up 1

Just now, newsmike said:

Iran keeps getting mentioned. 

And who are those buddies with? Exactly. The US shouldn't take the bait. Either way, the US doesn't need to be pulled into actual wars, (as in with people), they can just give material support. No need to print that much money either, just deliver assets. They have a ton of those, and they can produce them like nobody's business. 

• Like 8
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, visualstudios said:

What matters now is the west being unified and supportive of their allies. All else is distraction.

Discussion here on news is that US funded this. Since Iran is most likely behind the attacks, why did US just give $6B to Iran on Sept 11th? 

image.png.6e4411fe1aa70df4abd2c2473d18d972.png

https://www.newsweek.com/iran-israel-gaza-attack-biden-1832834

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 4
  • Up 1

I woke up to the news in my news feed. New day, new disgrace.

I don't have enough geopolitical knowledge to speculate. I am waiting for reactions from the government of my country, which has sided with Ukraine. We will see what they do with Israel. 
Then I would like to try to understand the situation better. Out of curiosity, do you have any sources from which I can look into this?

• Like 4
  • Up 1

2 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Even if it didn't, I don't see how Italy would react differently, even without EU.

Agree, but with EU, they must march in lockstep. This is why Meloni cannot deal with German ferries to Lampedusa. So an EU country having an opinion is cute, but meaningless. Also see, BREXIT.

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 4
  • Up 1