Is contacting a Seller who is busy for asking projects legal on Fiverr?

swahibw7

Question

So I started my video editing gig a few weeks ago, but I haven't received a single order yet. I read somewhere that one way to start off is to ask busy sellers who are selling the same service to take some of their load off. But before I do so, I would like to make sure that it doesn't violate the Fiverr TOS.

Some info about me: I have had prior experience in the same field when I was working as a video editor last year on Fiverr, and I also sold some projects with 5 star ratings before I had to quit. But back then it did not take me this much time to get my first project at all which is why I am kind of troubled. Thank you for any answer.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

14 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, swahibw7 said:

So I started my video editing gig a few weeks ago, but I haven't received a single order yet. I read somewhere that one way to start off is to ask busy sellers who are selling the same service to take some of their load off. But before I do so, I would like to make sure that it doesn't violate the Fiverr TOS.

Some info about me: I have had prior experience in the same field when I was working as a video editor last year on Fiverr, and I also sold some projects with 5 star ratings before I had to quit. But back then it did not take me this much time to get my first project at all which is why I am kind of troubled. Thank you for any answer.

Most people will report you as a spammer and you would rightfully get your account banned.  Panhandling is not allowed. You are supposed to grow a business, not beg people for castoffs. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 17

On 9/18/2023 at 4:24 AM, swahibw7 said:

I read somewhere that one way to start off is to ask busy sellers who are selling the same service to take some of their load off.

And where exactly did you read that?

I report every single one of those messages as spam. Absolutely tired of people begging me for work.

Newsflash - if I need to offload work, I'll look for sellers and contact them to hire them. I don't need beggars contacting me.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Who's that? Is there a link?

It is this course: https://www.udemy.com/course/the-complete-fiverr-course-i/

Screenshot2023-09-19at10_44_56AM.png.c30528a928c617b9f4d3be5a0f5f7e38.png

A Forum member posted a month or two back about this teacher teaching it in her class. I guess Udemy does not check its teachers' qualifications or the course content's truthfulness. And look, she has spread her garbage advice to over 9000 gullible students! As a result, we sellers suffer. I am tempted to sign up for the class so I can have contact with her and dispute her claim. 

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 9/18/2023 at 5:24 AM, swahibw7 said:

I read somewhere that one way to start off is to ask busy sellers who are selling the same service to take some of their load off. But before I do so, I would like to make sure that it doesn't violate the Fiverr TOS.

If you read Fiverr's ToS, you will see the answer for yourself.

• Like 2