Why can't a Seller leave a Buyer a review if they haven't reviewed the seller first?

samcaff

Question

5 answers to this question

Why can't a Seller leave a Buyer a review if they haven't reviewed the seller first?

1 hour ago, samcaff said:

Does anyone know the answer to this as it seems a bit odd?

Because those are the rules. Simple as that. That's the answer. You should read Fiverr's ToS.

• Like 11
  • Up 3

If I had to guess... It wouldn't surprise me if it used to work that way, but Fiverr likely found that if the order went in such a negative way that the buyer declined to leave a review, and ended up getting a negative from the seller... the buyer would get miffed and stop using the site. I suspect this unusual one-way mechanic is the result of some kind of retention analytics.

• Like 9
  • Up 2

18 hours ago, samcaff said:

It doesn't make any sense to me

Me neither. I’d leave a review for every order if I could.

I think the process of hiding the other party’s review until you have submitted yours makes a lot of sense but I don’t understand why only a buyer can initiate the review process.

I think that letting the seller initiate the process would encourage more buyers to leave reviews themselves. It would serve as an extra reminder to leave a review and some buyers might do it so they can see the seller’s review.

14 hours ago, moikchap said:

the buyer would get miffed and stop using the site. I suspect this unusual one-way mechanic is the result of some kind of retention analytics.

I wondered this myself but I hope it’s not this. If that is the reason then the system is making it easy for low quality buyers to fly under the radar and continue with a perfect rating, even if they’re undeserving of it.

• Like 10