Regarding the Gig Delivery Window...

m_fetouh

Question

Hey all, I am thinking of setting up an event photography gig on Fiverr, but I am a bit confused about the delivery/turnaround window as the setup is not clear when you configure the gig. For example, if I set a delivery window of 2 days, the presumption is that delivery is within 2 days immediately following the event's date. Is there a way to set up the gig so that the delivery clock starts on the day of the event? Ultimately, I am trying to avoid an example scenario where a buyer submits an order for an event that is 7 days in the future, which runs the risk of being 5 days "late" because the event has just not occurred yet.

How do other event photographers have this set up? Any guidance is appreciated!

• Like 10

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, m_fetouh said:

Ultimately, I am trying to avoid an example scenario where a buyer submits an order for an event that is 7 days in the future, which runs the risk of being 5 days "late" because the event has just not occurred yet.

Hi @m_fetouh - 

You can set longer delivery dates on your packages (for example, a 16-day turnaround) and explain in your gig description and FAQs that buyers can schedule event dates with you in the order chats and all photos will be delivered within 2 days of the event. Once the date is selected, you can send the buyer a request to extend the delivery date to reflect your agreement better.

Your FAQs should also include what will happen in the event of a no-show (for example, the gig will be considered as complete) and charge a rescheduling fee (if something comes up on the buyer's end).

• Like 6
  • Up 2

In the Gig description , FAQ section and under gig packegs mention that you will deliver within 2 days of the event date. Here are two solutions that should work for you   

1] Custom offer - In most cases, custom offer is the best option. On top of the gig description add a Note -it's important to contact you before ordering. After initial discussion, offer them a custom offer with delivery time according to the event date. 

2] Delivery time extension request - If the buyer orders directly on the first day of the order send, delivery time extension request buyer will have to agree it as it is not possible for you to deliver order before event - https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/17120470090769-Delivery-time-extension-

Edited by amolgigs
  • Like 7
  • Up 2

5 hours ago, m_fetouh said:

Thank you so much for your feedback and insight! I really appreciate it.

Other notes - if you do create a custom offer, don't set it for two days and expect the customer to accept it on the right date (give yourself plenty of time because many times the buyer will click on it too early and they may not respond within 2 days to extend the delivery date).

Also, your request to extend a delivery date is automatically accepted within two days of your request, so make sure you do send that request at least 49 hours before the delivery date/time to ensure your order doesn't go late.

• Like 5