What's the purpose of all the reactions to posts and comments here in the forum?

domenikbrenner

Just wondering what people expect from it? I am active on many other forums, but only here I get loads of reactions all the time for all sorts of comments. I think it's the only forum where every post and every reply received a reaction, and I am not the only one as every other reply here has loads of reactions, too. 

Did I miss something? Is this about self promoting?

Very curious.

• Like 5

Posting is limited for new users, but reacting isn't, and both can increase forum rank.

And there are those who believe, because some "Fiverr guru" or an overpaid course told them, that being active on the forum and having the rank of Grand Master will bring them sales. Or something like that.

• Like 1
  • Up 5

Well some buyers visit the forum, but reactions, and likes ain't gonna promote your business. Sellers have a section My Fiverr Gigs where they promote themselves, but generally, buyers will search for services on the main platform. Here is like on the other forums - discussion, seeking answers etc. Finding someone to order your gig here is like finding fixed matches on Facebook. Rarely succeeds. 😄

• Like 2
  • Up 5

1 hour ago, milos_siena said:

Sellers have a section My Fiverr Gigs where they promote themselves

though I don't think they can now - that section has been set to restricted access so I don't think users can promote their gigs there now, though it still shows in the Fiverr forum rules that is the only place for Fiverr gig links.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 3