What is your order cancellation ratio?

biggerant

Question

14 answers to this question

Good question. My completed job total is 888 with one waiting to clear and another in the active phase. My cancellation total is 25. Most of those I had to cancel when I got sick a couple of years ago. The odd one is an order that was (appartently) made by mistake by the buyer and a couple were orders that were made by inexperienced buyers not reading the gig details beforehand.

I couldn't tell you what would be a good or bad ratio as I only focus on the jobs I get, not the ones I lose.

• Like 10
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

It depends on many factors, depends since when you are a seller here too... back in the day there were different rules, you could've canceled orders without receiving any kind of penalty so most likely older sellers have a higher number of overall canceled orders however that doesn't matter a lot. What's in the past stays in the past, currently, you get affected by canceled orders for 2 months. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Almost 60 Days on Fiverr. Completed around 30 Orders, 0 Orders Cancelled and 26 Orders are Rated (All 5 Stars).
Might get the Level 1 Seller Badge on Upcoming Evaluation on 15th. 

I think I am making good progress, Let me know your thoughts and share some tips with me....
Thank you 🙂

• Like 10
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bot_effects said:

Will try my 100% to get the level 2 asap. 🙂 

I joined Fiverr in June 2019 but didn't post my first gig until Nov 2021. I got my Level 1 badge 60 days later (Jan 2022) and then my Level 2 badge the next month, in Feb 2022. That's when I started freelancing full-time on Fiverr. It's really nice to move quickly when you can!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, moikchap said:

I feel like 9 out of 470 (2%) is really good. I have 13 out of 330 (4%).

I also agree that 2% is pretty good. I had 2% until my account was shut down by the hacker and all my orders in queue were automatically canceled. That event brought me to 6% cancelations. So I can see how unforeseen events, such as medical emergencies, could skew that number. So the percentage itself doesn't say much unless it's extreme.

I did see a buyer on the forum who mentioned canceling about 75% of their orders (and based on their attitude, I wouldn't even consider doing business with them).

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, vickieito said:

Hi @biggerant - as @looseink and @cre8iveartwork mentioned, the number alone doesn't tell you much.

It might be helpful to break down why you are getting cancelations. The less cancelations you have, the less headaches you'll have as a freelancer.

More on that here:

Hello, Viki! I had my first cancelation several weeks ago and I too didn't go through Customer Support. What I'm wondering is if it affects only the gig through which the order was canceled or all of your gigs.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, mandyzines said:

Hello, Viki! I had my first cancelation several weeks ago and I too didn't go through Customer Support. What I'm wondering is if it affects only the gig through which the order was canceled or all of your gigs.

Hi @mandyzines as far as i experienced, if you are getting enough orders like "an order a day" then your completion rate will not fall below 98 to 99% which is very safe. but it still depends upon your niche and other factors that play a role in whether your gig lost ranking or not after cancellation. here I also want to mention that having multiple gigs running altogether will save you because mostly cancellations affect the gig that causes the cancellation and if you have multiple gigs, they will cover the damage somehow. and as far as the overall impact on the account, once i had 2 orders canceled within 60 days due to some personal reasons and my completion rate fell around 95% which caused me to lose promoted gig eligibility for some time, but once that 60-day gray period was over I got all promotions back. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1