Buyers not responding

shawneal1

I am new to Fiverr and want to know if I am doing something wrong or this is just normal practice. I have contacted 3 seperate "top sellers" regarding my idea which needs design and engineering - its stated on their pages they are meant to be highly resposive. Firstly they take a few days to contact you after you request thier services (which is fine), then you are asked for basic details so they can work out a price and timescales. Now I understand people are busy but I expect some sort of a reply after a week of sending info through - and when they appear online they still dont answer you when you message them. I expect some sort of courtesy especially when I state that I would like to be able to move swiftly.

I feel a bit worried like - have they stolen my idea and just run off? My alternative now (which I am looking into) is to contact a dedicated product design consultancy in my country (much more expensive) and have some form of security with and NDA and have a more face to face experience.

Edited by shawneal1
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 3

47 minutes ago, shawneal1 said:

I am new to Fiverr and want to know if I am doing something wrong or this is just normal practice. I have contacted 3 seperate "top sellers" regarding my idea which needs design and engineering - its stated on their pages they are meant to be highly resposive. Firstly they take a few days to contact you after you request thier services (which is fine), then you are asked for basic details so they can work out a price and timescales. Now I understand people are busy but I expect some sort of a reply after a week of sending info through - and when they appear online they still dont answer you when you message them. I expect some sort of courtesy especially when I state that I would like to be able to move swiftly.

I feel a bit worried like - have they stolen my idea and just run off? My alternative now (which I am looking into) is to contact a dedicated product design consultancy in my country (much more expensive) and have some form of security with and NDA and have a more face to face experience.

If fiverr freelancer doesn't responds under 12h, move on. Its intention.

You may create brief, to being contacted by several sellers. and choose which you like.

I don't know what was your idea. But I'm sure that won't gonna work without implementation, right ?

and does anyone's face promise trust ?

• Like 12
  • Up 2

To be fair one of them (who I did not get my brief) had said that they had a lot going on and can’t give a time scale - but even when I said that’s fine they just disappeared.

I was careful to select sellers that from the look of their portfolios and work that they have done would be able to help me. 

The product is mostly electronic but needs some mechanical engineering 

Edited by shawneal1
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3

On 7/29/2023 at 7:09 AM, shawneal1 said:

I have contacted 3 seperate "top sellers" regarding my idea which needs design and engineering - its stated on their pages they are meant to be highly resposive.

One of the interesting paradoxes💫 of the highest rated sellers is the fact that when you get big, sometimes you become extremely swamped with work. So, this can lead to some issues...

I remember there were times (when I was at my busiest a couple years back) when I had to turn away buyers just because I didn't think I'd be able to do their projects in a timely manner, or I would instead try to give them realistic lead times (considering the number of orders already in the queue) which were unfortunately longer than what they would've otherwise preferred.

Though I'm sure some sellers actually are secretly multi-person studios, I suspect the majority of us (myself included) are just individual freelancers. And there are only so many hours in the day.

But I think this ostensible limitation can sometimes be a good incentive to try and find newer sellers with a only a few orders under their belt, because people at that stage are often a lot more "hungry" to get ahead. You can take a risk on a brand new seller, or — if a project is too important and you want to mitigate the risk — find someone with just a few orders under their belt (who still have some really enthusiastic feedback). The point is this: the highest rated sellers (especially those whose profiles tend to say "last delivery: 3 picoseconds ago") are sometimes just in too high demand.

• Like 11
  • Congrats! 2