Stay Active & Increase Impressions (T/F).

talhajamil988

Stay active & increase Impressions!  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Is it true being active increases your gig impressions?

1 hour ago, ruchi_bhut said:

It is not clear whether Fiverr's algorithm directly takes into account whether a seller is active when determining gig impressions. However, there are a few indirect ways in which being active can lead to more impressions.

First, when you are active, your online badge is displayed to buyers. This can make you more visible to buyers who are specifically looking for sellers who are available to work immediately.

Second, being active can increase your chances of getting an order. When a buyer sees that you are active, they are more likely to send you a gig request. If you complete the order well, the buyer is more likely to leave you a positive review, which can also lead to more impressions.

Therefore, it is reasonable to say that the more active you are on Fiverr, the more likely you are to get more impressions.

I hope this is helpful!

Your point is reasonable. But, Is it the "Impressions" you mentioned is "Gig Impressions"? If I'm correct, the poll is aimed at Gig Impressions.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

How Fiverr defines 'impression' would be useful to include in this topic. (That 'reasonable post' was AI generated.) So:

"Impressions: These are the number of times your Gig appeared in Fiverr's thumbnails (i.e., on the homepage, category/subcategory page, search, and user page)."

Source: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010750318-Viewing-Gig-Statistics 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

It's surely a myth, but can be helpful for people who are looking for specific services at time, as there's an option to see "Online sellers" so people using this option, will toggle only the online sellers through this option and will eventually help you and your gig appear in the online seller services listing. 

• Like 9
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, addiefied said:

but can be helpful for people who are looking for specific services at time, as there's an option to see "Online sellers" so people using this option, will toggle only the online sellers through this option

Exactly why faking being online is a bad idea. The problem with this is that people in a rush are usually the hardest to work with. No one likes when a 'Veruca Salt' says "I want it now". 

19 hours ago, addiefied said:

and will eventually help you and your gig appear in the online seller services listing. 

Meant to address this earlier.

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/73962-impressions-arent-all-that-important-heres-why/

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/74184-if-your-impressions-are-dropping-please-read-this-archived/

While impressions might signal how a gig is doing, it's very possible that staying online would actually skew results to falsely indicate a gig is doing better than it actually is. 

It's generally a bad idea to rely on skewed data.

• Like 8
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

Exactly why faking being online is a bad idea. The problem with this is that people in a rush are usually the hardest to work with. No one likes when a 'Veruca Salt' says "I want it now". 

I do understand your point, but you're missing a crucial part here, which is "Availability". There are hundreds of different niches on the platform and people might be looking for some quick services at times. That's the reason the option to toggle online sellers exist. Say for example, I want to have my background removed for one of the pictures that I've to use tomorrow for my interview, I'll obviously be opting for people who're online at that time so I have my work done at the earliest. Time plays a crucial factor in offering services and that's what I've noticed on Fiverr as well. It's all about time & the quality of work.

• Like 8
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, addiefied said:

you're missing a crucial part here, which is "Availability". There are hundreds of different niches on the platform and people might be looking for some quick services at times. That's the reason the option to toggle online sellers exist. 

I see and understand your point of view. But Fiverr has not provided any data on how often users use that filter option, nor how often it has lead to sales. Some Buyers, though, have chimed in on the topic of "what I look for in a Seller", and NONE have said that a Seller being online is a factor in the decision making process. (citation1, citation2, citation3)

1 hour ago, addiefied said:

Time plays a crucial factor in offering services and that's what I've noticed on Fiverr as well. It's all about time & the quality of work.

Years ago, they tried something called "Available Now" (which is where, I'd be willing to bet, the whole thing started). It had problems (citation4). It lasted less than a year.

Yes, Buyers expect good communication. Fiverr also expects it of Sellers. (That's why Response Time and Response Rate exist, and why it's one of the three rating points that make up reviews.) Again, however, the ones who have 'urgent' problems frequently are problems. 

Paraphrased misquote: 'A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.'

If you like helping people, if you want to, like to, and are good with dealing with people who are in a panic or who are under stress or pressure, then please, please consider looking into a career in the medical or emergency fields. Those occupations are always in demand and shorthanded due to the nature of the job.

• Like 9
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, imagination7413 said:

If you like helping people, if you want to, like to, and are good with dealing with people who are in a panic or who are under stress or pressure, then please, please consider looking into a career in the medical or emergency fields. Those occupations are always in demand and shorthanded due to the nature of the job.

Now I have started to wonder why alarms exist, why the word deadline exists, I even wonder why the word "Time" exists!

51 minutes ago, imagination7413 said:

Paraphrased misquote: 'A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.'

These things look and sound good in quotes only, not in real life. Life real is full of rushes, problems, emergencies & so on, even on this platform, we deal with real humans, not bots who are point locked on the timelines, even though they tend to do mistakes at times, as again they're programmed and made by us humans. Fiverr surely had something in mind when they introduced "the "Available Now" option years back and still are going strong with the newer alternative, which is toggling the online sellers.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

It seems like every few months this myth makes the rounds.

Let me give you a scenario from the perspective of a Buyer on Fiverr.

Let's say the Buyer is seeking a blog post for his website. Using the search filters available, the Buyer has a budget of $20, wants a Level 2 Seller, lives in Canada and would like a Canadian writer, and sets the search filters accordingly:

That's Blog Article, $20 budget, Level 2 Seller in Canada.

First off, being "active" and you don't meet any of the search criteria the Buyer in this example has chosen, you are not going to show up in the search results. It is that simple. So no impressions for you.

I know, just one example of how Buyers look for Sellers, but don't kid yourself, the filters are not there just to look pretty. You can bet they get used and probably a lot each day so being active is a waste of time if the search filters don't meet your gig offerings/skills.

I hope this helps.

• Like 10
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

I think it is kind of Myth and Kind of True. Let me explain.

According to my Experience, Staying online forever is not possible for anyone. But as we already know that there is a filter in Fiverr Buyer Search for "Online seller" it might benefit the seller if he is active at that time. No one can predict the timing when buyer would order, that's why most of the new sellers tend to Auto Refresh plugins and that is a big trap they fall in. 

The use of Fiverr "Online Seller" filter is that the buyer needs an urgent Respond and a quick solution to their project. If someone is really online that time and buyer contacts him/her then there are 80% chances that they will get the deal but if some other seller is using Refresh Plugins then he will not be able to respond because he is not really on the Platform.

** One thing to Notice here is that Using these Plugins is against Fiverr TOS **

So in my opinion, It does help you with impressions when you are active.

But how does it is a myth as well? Sometimes even a buyer applies the "Online Seller" filter, there are around 3 to 5 pages of Different Gigs so in the End it is really your Gig and its performance that decides whether you deserve to be presented before buyer or not (With or Without Filter). So If your services are not up to mark then even in Online Mode your gig might be lost on 3rd or 4th page.

The First Criteria for everything on Fiverr is Providing Great and Quality value services to Clients.

I am not very Experienced man on Fiverr but I just wrote down what I think. Please share your thoughts as well and correct me if I am wrong somewhere.

Hope this Helps!!
Thank you 🙂

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1