Yet more tips for newbie sellers (before creating your account)

gina_riley2

Few tips for all you newbie sellers to be [before you sign up or create your new account]:

1. Username should be simple and easy to remember, your password should be long, complicated and include unrealistic numbers/symbols, not your username:

• Yes (examples: # are in order/easy to remember): Art123, artist444, brian99, jenny_designer, Proof_edit
  • No (examples, # are out of order or hard to remember): Art963715, artist00l00
  • No (try to reframe from using letters or numbers that can be mixed up): Capital "I" (pronounced EYE) & lower case "l" (pronounced "elle") look exactly the same

2. Triple check or (better yet) hire a fellow seller (spend $20) to proofread, edit everything on your page. The more professional you look, better your odds.

Most experts, rarely tell everyone they are an experts, they can prove it by the quality of the gig page & profile. Every newbie says, "I am an expert (word)," yet everything is horrible.

3. Never be afraid to use bullets and spaces (where ever you are able). It's easier on the eyes and buyers are more apt to read it.

4. Short description or long jumbled description won't be taken seriously by real buyer, business buyer, or long term buyers. It will, however, attract cheapskate and scammers.

Long, concise, easy to read descriptions that look professional with original designs/pictures may catch a buyers eye, and could convert to order.

5. Only offer what you know, not what's easy that you know jack about.

6. For goodness sake, go to sleep. I don't want some dud that stays online 24 hours. Your quality of work will stink. You won't lose a good buyer, you'll only lose someone that probably wanted you to write a term paper (which is illegal).

7. (Edit): Important: charge what you are worth (time) not what everyone else is doing. Just because logo_seller84032578 & hundreds of others decided to jump off the 100 meter blue bridge, doesn't mean you should. (Take the road less traveled, the red bridge is only 10 meters and has a trampoline. 😁)

** Note 1: Please, I beg you, do not post any "thank you," "great tip," etc. It's a waste of time.

** Note 2: I do understand that some people are in dire, desperate situations and all you want to do is feed your family. I was homeless in the USA once, but begging or acting desperate won't get you work.

Real buyers use real money to get real work. Begging people on the forum won't get you work. Everyone has a family to feed. You have skills, use it.

[Yes, I do know that most people that needs to read this will not read it or maybe even understand it, but maybe just 1 or 2 newbies will take it to 💕💟.

Thanks, G.

Archived