Is promoting gigs worth it?

charlsmcfarlane

Question

19 answers to this question

It depends on the spending rate, competition within your niche and many other factors. Generally I end up getting some work here and there. If I do, it translates into repeat work most of the time, and Fiverr also counts that repeat work as promoted gigs income, which isn't really the case. I guess the buyer came from there...

It's a good option to have, but I don't think it's a gamechanger. Although your mileage will vary, I had a month where I earned over 1000% what I paid, this month I think I paid more for ads than I earned, so there's that. Overall I think it's fine, but certainly not something you can rely on for work all the time. But as I said, your mileage will vary.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

And how can you know if those 2 orders would not have come without using promoted gigs?

Fiverr adds PROMOTED tag next to the gig on the seller dashboard and on the order page, when we hover it, It displays a message as in the screenshot attached 

Screenshot 2023-06-28 at 12.50.36 PM.png

• Like 16

22 minutes ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

Interesting. Thanks for the reply. I had no luck with the $10 tester but was still making sales. Just none from that feature.

Thanks for sharing your experience, All I can say - it's worth a try with free $10 credit and your best-performing gig 

• Like 17

12 minutes ago, amolgigs said:

Thanks for sharing your experience, All I can say - it's worth a try with free $10 credit and your best-performing gig 

It varies. You were lucky, most people won't even receive an order from that free credit. Others will receive a bunch of orders. It depends on the niche, competition and many other factors. I will say this, it's worth trying, but you can't rely on it for orders. Yet even if it gives you a single order per month and it's more than what you paid for ads, it's a plus right?

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, glow_writer said:

And for some sellers, that feature is not even available to them. Looks like some sellers are more important than others.

I think it’s only available for certain gigs. I wasn’t aware that it was being restricted on a seller basis. Is your gig definitely one that is eligible? I have 20 gigs and only 5 or 6 of them show up in the list.

• Like 17

3 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

It varies. You were lucky, most people won't even receive an order from that free credit. Others will receive a bunch of orders. It depends on the niche, competition and many other factors. I will say this, it's worth trying, but you can't rely on it for orders. Yet even if it gives you a single order per month and it's more than what you paid for ads, it's a plus right?

Yes, I completely agree with all the points you mentioned 

• Like 15

2 hours ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

I think it’s only available for certain gigs. I wasn’t aware that it was being restricted on a seller basis. Is your gig definitely one that is eligible? I have 20 gigs and only 5 or 6 of them show up in the list.

What type of gigs?

• Like 16

3 hours ago, glow_writer said:

And for some sellers, that feature is not even available to them. Looks like some sellers are more important than others.

2 hours ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

50 minutes ago, glow_writer said:

What type of gigs?

46 minutes ago, proconsultn2035 said:

Our niche, Financial Consulting, has been exempted from the Promoted Gig feature. But I once had it before the exemption. It was good business as I made great ROI. 

According to the Fiverr support article 

Which Gigs can be promoted?

• To ensure a quality ad experience for buyers, only sellers who meet all our quality metrics can participate in this program. 
  • You are evaluated for Promoted Gig participation eligibility according to the following standards:
  • You are a Level 1 Seller, a Level 2 Seller, a Top Rated Seller, or a Pro seller
  • Your Gig scores are 4.7 in the public rating
  • Your Gig has at least 20 reviews. Pro Gigs require only 5 reviews
  • You meet additional quality metrics

All services are eligible, excluding: 

• The Legal Consulting service category entirely
  • Tax Consulting services from the Financial Consulting service category
  • Accounting & Bookkeeping services from the Financial Consulting service category
  • The Legal Writing service category entirely

URL - https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360017729338-Promoted-Gigs

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

When I promote gigs it is very lucrative. Spending roughly $100 will earn me about $1500 in revenue. The real benefit I get from it is the recurring business. Once I sign a client I have about a 50% retention rate for multiple orders and repeat work. The trick for me is actually having Fiverr move my gigs to active in promotion. They constantly turn them off for "Quality Issues" (There are none) and I have to wait days, weeks or months for them to turn on. Once they are on though I will spend about $15 a day until they turn them off again. Which at that point brings in a plethora of new customers that turn into repeat clients and leaves me wondering why Fiverr doesn't want to promote my gigs even more to bring in more money to the platform lol 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

On 7/3/2023 at 9:48 AM, jacobmarx297 said:

When I promote gigs it is very lucrative. Spending roughly $100 will earn me about $1500 in revenue. The real benefit I get from it is the recurring business. Once I sign a client I have about a 50% retention rate for multiple orders and repeat work. The trick for me is actually having Fiverr move my gigs to active in promotion. They constantly turn them off for "Quality Issues" (There are none) and I have to wait days, weeks or months for them to turn on. Once they are on though I will spend about $15 a day until they turn them off again. Which at that point brings in a plethora of new customers that turn into repeat clients and leaves me wondering why Fiverr doesn't want to promote my gigs even more to bring in more money to the platform lol 

You are certainly enjoying this feature. I wish it would be available to me as well.

• Like 9