Hey can anyone help me, assure my concern?

edisonjaime

Question

This is what happened to me, I got five orders since I joined Fiverr, within the last 5 months. i know it's my duty to read the TOS carefully but I didn't realized it will kick me out like this. guys this is what I did, I just gave my phone number to all of my clients (5), like I thought it was ok, and today, I saw some one talking abt sharing personal information, and that his account is at risk. and i get shocked, i can't unsend or delete those messages. the thing is that still fiverr didn't give me any warning until this time but, i am afraid I will get banned all in one cuz of sharing my contact with all of these clients, almost 5. so please can you tell me, will fiverr give me 1 warning for all shared contact, or it will give me in single consideration? i mean will they consider all of the 5 shared contact as 1 warning, or they will see it and give me a warning for every single contact i shared? and please my people tell me what to do from now on.

• Like 13
  • Sad 8

16 answers to this question

I would suggest you start researching other platforms and ways to freelance that have nothing to do with Fiverr. I would expect your account to get disabled at some point. Don't waste time with fear or wondering whether you'll get one or five marks against you.

• Like 13
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

In my opinion, go to fiverr support and let them know that you did it without understanding their rules properly. You should say sorry and assure them, you will not do that again. Today or tomorrow, fiverr will see this and you can be banned permanently. If you say them the truth now, may be you will have a warning but their will be a chance to regain your position in fiverr again.  

• Like 13

On 6/28/2023 at 2:48 AM, edisonjaime said:

fiverr didn't give me any warning until this time

This is the fact. When you give personal information out to buyers, then you and everyone else know that they can contact you without involving Fiverr. That is how Fiver loses money. This is their business and you are their guest. Fiverr expects you to read the rules and abide by them. They have to run their business that way in order to survive. Look at it from their side of the fence.

• Like 13

11 hours ago, kendal1747 said:

This is the fact. When you give personal information out to buyers, then you and everyone else know that they can contact you without involving Fiverr. That is how Fiver loses money. This is their business and you are their guest. Fiverr expects you to read the rules and abide by them. They have to run their business that way in order to survive. Look at it from their side of the fence.

can you please let me know, what to do or what is better to go for, with the side of yours? please my peoples just let me know what you will do if it were you.

• Like 11

28 minutes ago, edisonjaime said:
  • 'Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the Order Page.' does this mean we can share our personal info in the order page?

Contact customer support and explain that you did not intend to share personal information for the purpose of working out of the site,it should be ok.

Good luck-

Edited by lacroix88
typo
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, edisonjaime said:

does this mean we can share our personal info in the order page?

Only if it's absolutely necessary to do the work (and only on the order page, after the order was placed and paid for). For example, if you're offering tutoring via S.kype, that information can be exchanged on the order page. If you're working on a Discord channel for a client, you might need to communicate there, so that would be ok.

Now, your profile on the main site doesn't have any active gigs (and was created this month, meaning that you have violated Fiverr's Terms of Service by creating a second account, and that means two violations of Fiverr's Terms of Service already), so I have no idea what kind of services you offer and why it would be necessary for you to communicate over the phone.

• Like 10

44 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Only if it's absolutely necessary to do the work (and only on the order page, after the order was placed and paid for). For example, if you're offering tutoring via S.kype, that information can be exchanged on the order page. If you're working on a Discord channel for a client, you might need to communicate there, so that would be ok.

Thank you

• Like 9

11 hours ago, catwriter said:

Now, your profile on the main site doesn't have any active gigs (and was created this month, meaning that you have violated Fiverr's Terms of Service by creating a second account, and that means two violations of Fiverr's Terms of Service already), so I have no idea what kind of services you offer and why it would be necessary for you to communicate over the phone.

dude i just create this account to only ask the community about my concern, and this is just a forum profile, like its not original fiverr account. my main account is dedicated on video editing.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, catwriter said:

Oh, yea you are right, I almost lose my point with tensions. should I delete this account?

• Like 8

2 hours ago, edisonjaime said:

dude i just create this account to only ask the community about my concern, and this is just a forum profile, like its not original fiverr account.

That's still a violation of Fiverr's Terms of Service. You could have used your regular account to post on the forum. You're not allowed to create a separate account just for posting on the forum.

my main account is dedicated on video editing.

I don't see why would it be necessary to send your buyers your phone number, then. Even on the order page. There's messaging, there's the option for the Zoom calls (in-built, going through Fiverr and, I think, being recorded by Fiverr, for everyone's safety)... There's no reason for phone calls, not to mention it might not be a good idea to give random strangers on the internet your phone number.

should I delete this account?

Well, yes.

And stop breaking the rules already.

• Like 4
  • Up 3

3 hours ago, edisonjaime said:

Oh, yea you are right, I almost lose my point with tensions. should I delete this account?

If you are talking about this Fiverr Forum account, then this account is allowed. You are not selling anything here. This is where you get help and help others if they need it. You cannot have more than one account on the Fiverr's Selling Platform. You can have several gigs, but not a separate account set up for each gig. They all have to be under one name or one account. You can't change what you have already done. It is there for them to see. I would delete one account, but I don't know that this will change anything. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, kendal1747 said:

You cannot have more than one account on the Fiverr's Selling Platform.

You can't have a forum account without having an account on the main platform that's connected to it. And that means that the OP does have 2 accounts on the main platform, even if he doesn't use the second one for selling.

• Like 7
  • Up 1

2 minutes ago, catwriter said:

You can't have a forum account without having an account on the main platform that's connected to it.

Yes, I understand that. He has already made a huge mistake. I have not checked to see which one he has connected to this forum account. I don't think it matters now anyway. 

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, kendal1747 said:

I have not checked to see which one he has connected to this forum account.

His second account, the one he created to post on the forum.

18 minutes ago, kendal1747 said:

I don't think it matters now anyway. 

True, it doesn't. having more than one account is forbidden either way.

• Like 7