I am a New Seller After All These Years... Thank You Fiverr!

mary19791

These levels have me messed up. I had an order that I canceled recently because the buyer added on specifications after delivery that were not part of the original order and were not going to be possible. I canceled because I did not want to chance ever getting a bad review along the lines of, "well the template was nice, but she did not finish" when I knew it was not my fault, over 25 bucks ok. I have been designing html emails for over 15 years. I know where my line is. 

To reward me, they put me down to 50% completion and marked me as a NEW SELLER with 250 Reviews and a 4.7 rating. Does that sound new? This is why I don't spend much time on here. 

Fiverr needs to catch up with the times as well:

Pay

Upwork Projects 5 days after completion 

Fiverr 15 days after completion

Amount they keep 

Upwork moved to 10% because of hard financial times across the board for everyone! 

Fiverr still at 20% 

I am going to go work on my Upwork projects pages now. Hope everyone has a good day! 

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

Did you contact CS about that cancellation? Generally, if a buyer has been like that with me they'd always restored my cancellation rate, it seems like they just need to be notified of it. 

I can understand your frustration but while I'm not sure you'd get your level back at least your rate could be fixed potentially. 

Edit: It's good to show proof to CS if you haven't yet. As long as they see that your buyer was being unreasonable, they tend to be able to be helpful. Not every cancellation qualifies but if you can prove you couldn't do much I think it'd be OK.

Edited by katakatica
  • Like 8
  • Up 2

I feel your pain.

I've been here for several years (completed almost 900 orders) and had a recent buyer place two orders with me by accident, who then promptly cancelled them. That destroyed my 100% completion rate and took my Level Two to Level One. This past month, due to no new orders, I became a New Seller.

The upside is that I did communicate this to the buyer, mostly to just encourage him to be more careful with his ordering as it does impact Sellers. He went after CS and as of the other day, my completion rate suddenly returned to the 100% it has been at for years.

I get why the system is the way it is. Sadly, it also isn't perfect.

• Like 8
  • Up 2