Buyer Took revenge , gave me 5 star at first after few days he changed it 1 star , the review was unfair

Just now, visualstudios said:

Of course not, that's not what I said. Things like reviews, levels, portfolio, etc. are all earned with time. That can't be "given away". But having a fair platform has nothing to do with perks. Truth is, if I face situation X, and I'm right, I'll probably get it solved through CS easily. If a low level seller, as talented as me, that faces the same problem, and says exactly the same things, is far more likely to be screwed. That's not fair.

Trust is also a perk earned over time. 

"Hey, Pedro. I want a video from you. I want to pay 50 dollars. It's all I can afford. But I want the same product as those who can pay 600.  It doesn't sit right with me that life can be unfair for those who don't have it."

Would you take it or laugh at me? 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, smashradio said:

"Hey, Pedro. I want a video from you. I want to pay 50 dollars. It's all I can afford. But I want the same product as those who can pay 600.  It doesn't sit right with me that life can be unfair for those who don't have it."

Would you take it or laugh at me? 

Of course. But that's different form being able to s**t all over a seller with no consequence just because he doesn't have a standing in the platform. I'm not defending meksells here. 

Pricing is one of those things where obviously the more reviews, portfolio, etc. you have, the more you can charge. That's not even a perk, that's just how business works. That's not what I'm talking about. That's not unfair.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

That's not fair.

I know I said I'd shut up, but, there's the F word again.

Life is not fair.

It never will be fair.

Stop expecting it to be fair.

You really don't want it to be fair.  If it were truly fair, every time you made a sale, you would be placed in inactive status until every other seller also got a sale. 

Fairness and Santa Claus.  Most people outgrow the concepts at around 7 or 8. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, visualstudios said:

Exactly my point. As long as the opportunities are equal, I'm good with it.

The opportunity is to work your way up on the platform. You also have the opportunity to invest in your business by getting Seller Plus. I can't buy a Ferrari at the moment, but I know people who can. They have that opportunity. I don't. But we both have the opportunity to work hard and smart and if I worked as hard or smart as they did, I might too afford the Ferrari. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, newsmike said:

If it were truly fair, every time you made a sale, you would be placed in inactive status until every other seller also got a sale. 

That's not what fair means. Fair does not mean everyone makes the same (obviously). 

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 5

That's not what fair means.

fair
[fɛː]

ADJECTIVE
  1. treating people equally without favouritism or discrimination:
    "the group has achieved fair and equal representation for all its members" · "a fairer distribution of wealth"
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, smashradio said:

But wouldn't anything else than selling the same for the same price be unfair? If so, why not? 

Of course not, because they aren't selling the same thing. One thing is better than the other (by a number of different metrics), therefore it fetches a different price.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 5

Of course not, because they aren't selling the same thing. One thing is better than the other (by a number of different metrics), therefore it fetches a different price.

So, if you have worked your ass off to become better than others, shouldn't you have access to better things? That's what the perks are there for. To reward those who deserve it. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, smashradio said:

So, if you have worked your ass off to become better than others, shouldn't you have access to better things? That's what the perks are there for. To reward those who deserve it. 

Of course, I didn't say the opposite. It's not about the perks, I have nothing against the perks. I'm for the perks, actually - the level system, Pro, etc. I'm for all that. That's not unfair. That's earned.

What's unfair is, for example, if a seller does great work, and a buyer cancels, and fiverr tells them to kick rocks because they are nobodies, whereas with me they'd refund me for the work, because I'm someone. That's unfair. They also earned the right to get paid, as much as I did, by doing great work.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Indeed. They should offer it to everyone. But everyone who works here should have to pay to sell. Problem solved, and we would get rid of 180.000 logo designers who are "canva exparts". 

Don't even get me started on writers.. I had a "writer" that came to me only to insult me because I drag the writing section down. He had tons of grammar mistakes and after insulting me he set up a gig randomly, without meaning, but priced it at $50. That's aside from thousands and thousands of sellers that never wrote anything in their life, but all of a sudden because a random dude on YouTube told them they can earn money via writing on Fiverr, they become experts (and they also copy successful gigs)...

• Like 3
  • Up 3

3 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Don't even get me started on writers.. I had a "writer" that came to me only to insult me because I drag the writing section down. He had tons of grammar mistakes and after insulting me he set up a gig randomly, without meaning, but priced it at $50. That's aside from thousands and thousands of sellers that never wrote anything in their life, but all of a sudden because a random dude on YouTube told them they can earn money via writing on Fiverr, they become experts (and they also copy successful gigs)...

That's an issue with every single category. I don't see any steps being taken to mitigate that, however. Yes, they try this and that with the new review system, identity confirmation, etc. but that has little to no effect. The amount of spam I've been getting lately is crazy, much worse than the previous years.

• Like 5

Btw, I'm not even talking about pricing, or earnings here. I'm talking about rules, mostly.

I get that. Just used it as an example since you mentioned it, but it applies to everything—even rules. I've proven to Fiverr that I can be trusted and that I'm a professional. I've worked hard to do so. A perk is access to better and faster support, which might change the outcome for me, compared to a new seller with no track record and trust built up. This is why doing things the right way initially is so important. As you said, we were all new once and got to where we are because we did things right—action, reaction, cause, and effect. 

• Like 4

This is why doing things the right way initially is so important. As you said, we were all new once and got to where we are because we did things right—action, reaction, cause, and effect. 

Sure. But it was also objectively easier before, first mover advantage is a very real thing. Getting early on a market is a huge advantage.

• Like 6

Sure. But it was also objectively easier before, first mover advantage is a very real thing. Getting early on a market is a huge advantage.

Of course, but that's true everywhere. If I open up clothing store number 200 at the local mall, ten years after the other stores opened up, I can't possible expect to have the same outcome or opportunities as the well-established people who got a ten-year head start. Nor should I be able to. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Indeed. Which is why I want the bloody paywall, now. Imagine how many "exparts" would disappear overnight. I can practically taste the improvement to the platform. 

• Like 4

Indeed. Which is why I want the bloody paywall, now.

I'm all for it, as long as that doesn't cost me more. Yes, it would get rid of a ton of low quality sellers... the thing is, those sellers don't make any difference in my business (other than platform reputation, I suppose). They aren't competition.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

I'm all for it, as long as that doesn't cost me more. Yes, it would get rid of a ton of low quality sellers... the thing is, those sellers don't make any difference in my business (other than platform reputation, I suppose). They aren't competition.

Of course they are. If I search for video editors and see your videos next to someone charging 100, and I'm not already a video pro, I might not even see the difference in your 720p videos with its 64kbps tape-quality audio. I'd see the price tag, loud and clear, and if I was looking for value, I might go for the cheaper option, even if your product is objectively better, and even if I have the budget to go with your 600-dollar gig instead.

Buyers are very sensitive to the value difference - so if I can get a very good video for 100 and an extremely good video for 600, there is something to be said for diminished return. 

Besides that, it means you have to share space with amateurs, which affects the platform's reputation, as you said, leading to fewer high-end buyers willing to try Fiverr, because it's known for low-quality value services. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 5