How do I convince clients to add them to my top clients list?

nicks_voice

Question

I’ve been struggling with convincing major companies to be added to the “among my clients” list on Fiverr. Many of the issues stem from the person ordering being a middleman, since when I ask about this,  they usually ghost me or write back that they aren’t even going to try as it doesn’t benefit them in any way (yes, I’ve had 50% of them tell me this, very frustrating)

I’ve thought about adding a mandatory multiple choice order requirement that asks if they give me permission to add their logo to the list. Would this be a good idea?

• Like 14

5 answers to this question

Unfortunately, we can't convince our clients to give us their approval to be our Top Clients or to showcase their projects. It's their choice whether we can list them or not. We can, however, make the approval process easier for them (and yourself). Only plan on asking them once, and the delivery is the best place to ask that - in the order requirement is too early to ask because they haven't seen your work yet, and after the order is completed is too late, since it's considered spam to contact a buyer then.

I wouldn't put too much effort into this since there are a lot of issues with this feature. I have had clients that gave me their approvals to be Top Clients in June 2022, and two months ago, Fiverr let me know that they will never be approved because they just changed their policy and they won't be approving any new clients anymore (after 10 months of waiting). You can only submit a client if they are already on Fiverr's dropdown list.

You can read about the issues that other sellers are also having here:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/306084-top-clients-verification-on-fiverr-enoughs-enough/

• Like 15

49 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Unfortunately, we can't convince our clients to give us their approval to be our Top Clients or to showcase their projects. It's their choice whether we can list them or not. We can, however, make the approval process easier for them (and yourself). Only plan on asking them once, and the delivery is the best place to ask that - in the order requirement is too early to ask because they haven't seen your work yet, and after the order is completed is too late, since it's considered spam to contact a buyer then.

I wouldn't put too much effort into this since there are a lot of issues with this feature. I have had clients that gave me their approvals to be Top Clients in June 2022, and two months ago, Fiverr let me know that they will never be approved because they just changed their policy and they won't be approving any new clients anymore (after 10 months of waiting). You can only submit a client if they are already on Fiverr's dropdown list.

You can read about the issues that other sellers are also having here:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/306084-top-clients-verification-on-fiverr-enoughs-enough/

Had the same issue here with all my other clients, however this specific client is on the list, I usually double check before asking as as you mentioned since you can’t request new clients anymore.

I already ask only during in delivery message, but thanks regardless for the reply! Hopefully Fiverr implements a feature similar to the live portfolio in the future for something like this. 

• Like 9

We all experience this, @nicks_voice. I work with multiple global brands both on and outside of Fiverr. You'll hear my voice if you tune in to any commercial Norwegian TV channel. If you work for just one of many multinational, global brands and you happen to speak Norwegian, my voice is there to tell you how to do your job or how to protect the company from cyber threats. Yet, many of these companies have no idea who I am, and their creative teams are probably unaware of my existence. In the voice-over industry, we always deal with middlemen—production agencies, talent managers, third-party companies adapting course material, and so on. We're on the butt-end of it all, recording and representing billion-dollar companies, but just like CIA agents, if we do our job right, no one will ever hear about us. 

That's just the deal we've got. Companies like Nestlé, Coca-Cola, Microsoft, and Shell Oil, don't give a damn about who you are or if you get to brag about working with them. To them, you're just another cog in a huge engine.

Luckily, you'll meet a few creative directors and managers who know the value it can bring us. These big companies often have guidelines for this stuff and will tell you if that's ok. Over the years, I've worked with companies who are more than happy to let me showcase their logo. It takes time to build up such a list, and in the meantime, you'll likely work for some awesome companies who say no, and that's just business as usual. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, smashradio said:

We all experience this, @nicks_voice. I work with multiple global brands both on and outside of Fiverr. You'll hear my voice if you tune in to any commercial Norwegian TV channel. If you work for just one of many multinational, global brands and you happen to speak Norwegian, my voice is there to tell you how to do your job or how to protect the company from cyber threats. Yet, many of these companies have no idea who I am, and their creative teams are probably unaware of my existence. In the voice-over industry, we always deal with middlemen—production agencies, talent managers, third-party companies adapting course material, and so on. We're on the butt-end of it all, recording and representing billion-dollar companies, but just like CIA agents, if we do our job right, no one will ever hear about us. 

That's just the deal we've got. Companies like Nestlé, Coca-Cola, Microsoft, and Shell Oil, don't give a damn about who you are or if you get to brag about working with them. To them, you're just another cog in a huge engine.

Luckily, you'll meet a few creative directors and managers who know the value it can bring us. These big companies often have guidelines for this stuff and will tell you if that's ok. Over the years, I've worked with companies who are more than happy to let me showcase their logo. It takes time to build up such a list, and in the meantime, you'll likely work for some awesome companies who say no, and that's just business as usual. 

Couldn’t agree more, I guess at the end of the day it just boils down to exactly that, we just do what we do, and if recognition decides to come, it comes naturally. Cant force it I guess.

Cheers, and remember to keep those vocal chords oiled up, keep doin what you do best.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, nicks_voice said:

Couldn’t agree more, I guess at the end of the day it just boils down to exactly that, we just do what we do, and if recognition decides to come, it comes naturally. Cant force it I guess.

Cheers, and remember to keep those vocal chords oiled up, keep doin what you do best.

You too, man! The trick is having fun in the booth. If you do, the logos will come eventually.

• Like 9