What's your take on clients who are playing with your rates?

aldrincopylover

Question

What's your take on clients who are playing with your rates? And trying to pull you down for leaving bad feedback even though you did your best part. I have had a very bad experience working with the HR of a digital agency that is so demanding ended up leaving me 1.3-star feedback. I guess it's a big mistake working with her. 

• Like 12

5 answers to this question

3 hours ago, aldrincopylover said:

What's your take on clients who are playing with your rates? And trying to pull you down for leaving bad feedback even though you did your best part. I have had a very bad experience working with the HR of a digital agency that is so demanding ended up leaving me 1.3-star feedback. I guess it's a big mistake working with her. 

When I see that a client is creating problems what I do is cancel the order, if the order was for few dollars I don't even stop to think and cancel it.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, namrahwrites said:

Firstly, it's essential to communicate with the client and understand their concerns. You can ask them for specific feedback on what they were not happy with and how you can improve your services. If they are playing with your rates, try to negotiate and find a middle ground that works for both parties. If you believe that you have provided quality work, you can also politely point that out to the client.

Screenshot2023-04-07at6_13_44PM.thumb.png.470e28c8fd2dee5f2678a028dabee712.png

• Like 7
  • Up 2

On 4/16/2023 at 4:51 AM, melanielm said:

Buyers can't play with your rates. There's no way they can change your rates in any way. They may ask or beg you to give them discounts, but you have the power to say 'No.' 

The thing is sometimes you have no choice because of long cold days of not getting clients. But, I agree that declining unreasonable rates is the best solution. 

• Like 3