scammer or legit? lol

cjduck7

Question

7 answers to this question

That's definitely a scam. He's a scammer. I had a similar experience with someone I know. His family was going through some tough times, so he started looking for online jobs to make some extra cash. That's when he came across a job offer that was too good to be true - he was promised $25 per image to translate them into text. The catch? The client asked him to work outside of the platform he was using and not to accept any other jobs.

He took the job because he really needed the money. He worked hard and completed all 100 images, but when it was time to get paid, the client sent him a link to open a new account and asked him to pay a subscription fee. That's when he realized he had been scammed.

It's really frustrating how these scammers operate. They prey on people who are in need and exploit their vulnerabilities. I hate them for it. I'm sharing this story so others can be aware and avoid falling for the same trick. So be careful out there and don't let these bastards take advantage of you.

• Like 4

I am not sure how it's a scam, because a lot of legitimate buyers ask for e-mail addresses without knowing this is not allowed. 

Tell them that sharing personal info like that is against the rules. They should attach the file here or send you a Google Drive link with the document. That way there are no issues and you can work on it. Then based on their reply you can see if you are dealing with a scammer or not.

• Like 5