Fiverr 4.0 - Some thoughts on the current state of things

frank_d

2 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

As for the supervisor... that may have been the case a few years ago. Wanna bet now it's an AI bot doing it for free? 

Yeah, that makes sense. When he was my SM, he actually sent out an email that he was too busy to respond to anything but the most vital requests, or something like that. I was glad when he moved on. He Peter Principled up the food chain.

Edited by danno1950
  • Like 25
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Wanna bet now it's an AI bot doing it for free? 

That recent webinar where they were so giddy over AI makes me think they are screwing with automating a bunch of things via AI right now cause its fun to play with AI.  The fact that they are killing successful sellers does not affect those on salary playing with the toys.  I'm sure that "accidental" email was just one of many unintended consequences that diddling caused. I want them to explain why we should pay for premium guidance while they fiddle to the point of killing our sales, then offer nothing as a plan to respond, or even explain. I'm only remaining on SP right now to see how this plays out because I'm suffering and all I get is, "take a look at your keywords." 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 28
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, newsmike said:

That recent webinar where they were so giddy over AI makes me think they are screwing with automating a bunch of things via AI right now cause its fun to play with AI.  The fact that they are killing successful sellers does not affect those on salary playing with the toys.  

Sh**t! That makes sense too. Supervised by the $5 "expart" I'm sure.

I still don't have an answer to my open question asking if anyone on the Fiverr staff has ever worked as a freelancer. Sellers being impacted by "developer dudes" who are on salary and playing with toys is a scary thought!

• Like 31
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, danno1950 said:

I still don't have an answer to my open question asking if anyone on the Fiverr staff has ever worked as a freelancer. Sellers being impacted by "developer dudes" who are on salary and playing with toys is a scary thought!

NFL gif. Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Jalen Hurts, set against a purple background, points and looks to the sky. Text, "This right here."

• Like 24
  • Sad 1
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 5

7 minutes ago, newsmike said:

sales nose dive

I was on holiday for 5-days this past week, and this time I extended my delivery time rather than opt for OOO and vanish altogether from the search. In 11 days, I've had two spam messages. So staying visible didn't make much difference. 

• Like 23
  • Sad 6
  • Congrats! 1

11 minutes ago, newsmike said:

I'm only remaining on SP right now to see how this plays out because I'm suffering and all I get is, "take a look at your keywords." 

I'm hanging in for now too. I'm wondering if you still bother with gig promotion? My best seller is promotable, but the impressions and clicks on that have also tanked, and I've had no revenue from the promoted gig for over two months. It has generated a decent payback up until recently but I don't know if it's worth the extra spend anymore. At least not until things straighten out.

• Like 25
  • Sad 4
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 3

1 minute ago, leannelrivers said:

I'm hanging in for now too. I'm wondering if you still bother with gig promotion? My best seller is promotable, but the impressions and clicks on that have also tanked, and I've had no revenue from the promoted gig for over two months. It has generated a decent payback up until recently but I don't know if it's worth the extra spend anymore. At least not until things straighten out.

I am about to kill promoted gigs. I cannot justify spending on premium upsells from Fiverr while they destroy my business and show no interest in fixing it. I am rapidly looking for alternative platforms, assuming that this will tank. 

• Like 31
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 3

18 minutes ago, danno1950 said:

This. Where do I apply? They should hire me, and other sellers here, for platform strategy. I'm 100% confident I would do a better job than the majority of people working there. Probably they're getting paid better too.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 29
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

Btw, just got a message from Fiverr asking me how does upwork fee structure work, after I mentioned them in the round table. They apparently were not aware of how their main competition works. 

Also, upwork has all their systems explained in official pages. It's all transparent, no secrets.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 24
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 5
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

8 minutes ago, leannelrivers said:

I’d been keeping my  gigs on promotion during March. My statistics are worse than ever before. I’ve got five inbox messages in total, two of them  irrelevant spam. Only one message became an order, but it was not promoted one. So I’ve turned off promoted gigs, because it doesn’t make any difference.   What is going on right now is worst I’ve ever experienced on the platform. Of course there are always ups and downs, but not like this time. I agree that something is wrong here. 

• Like 28
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 3

22 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Btw, just got a message from Fiverr asking me how does upwork fee structure work, after I mentioned them in the round table. They apparently were not aware of how their main competition works. 

Just like Coke and Pepsi:

https://www.smartearningmethods.com/how-pepsi-and-coca-cola-are-stealing-each-others-ideas-and-still-winning/

• Like 27
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2

6 hours ago, newsmike said:

If the email went out in error, we need to ask if we are all being erased from impressions by error as well. Obviously the system flagged all of us, and we are all feeling the same drop in sales. Wanna bet we're all getting punished for an "error"?

I think this is a valid point, and one we need to follow up on. Here's an email I just sent my SM:

This is a followup to the earlier email I sent you regarding the email that many of us received, indicating a drop in our Buyer Satisfaction Rate. A number of sellers are experiencing a drop in our sales/impressions/contacts as if our BSR had actually dropped. Could you please reach out to the Development Team that is working on this issue? I’d like to ask - if the email was in error, could there possibly be an unintended impact from whatever led to the email being generated? Could it be that somehow sellers who received this email are now being treated as if their BSR had in fact dropped? There’s a lot of concern about this issue among a number of sellers.

Thanks,

Dan

It may do absolutely no good, but if the "developer dudes" don't know their tinkering had an unintended consequence, I want to at least see if we can alert them, so they can take action to reverse the screwup. I don't expect much, but we can always hope.

Maybe if everyone who got the email in error sends a similar message to their SM, it can alert them to the scope of the issue.

Edited by danno1950
  • Like 30
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, danno1950 said:

I think this is a valid point, and one we need to follow up on. Here's an email I just sent my SM:

This is a followup to the earlier email I sent you regarding the email that many of us received, indicating a drop in our Buyer Satisfaction Rate. A number of sellers are experiencing a drop in our sales/impressions/contacts as if our BSR had actually dropped. Could you please reach out to the Development Team that is working on this issue? I’d like to ask - if the email was in error, could there possibly be an unintended impact from whatever led to the email being generated? Could it be that somehow sellers who received this email are now being treated as if their BSR had in fact dropped? There’s a lot of concern about this issue among a number of sellers.

Thanks,

Dan

It may do absolutely no good, but if the "developer dudes" don't know their tinkering had an unintended consequence, I want to at least see if we can alert them, so they can take action to reverse the screwup. I don't expect much, but we can always hope.

Maybe if everyone who got the email in error sends a similar message to their SM, it can alert them to the scope of the issue.

Just sent an email to my SM!

• Like 28
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2

And since fiverr is also messing around with the promoted gigs, I don't know if they're having this problem, but 3 days ago my gigs stopped being eligible to promote them, then two days ago they came back, and now they're gone again, lol. And I haven't changed any gig info, and I've received excellent ratings, I definitely think this is one of Fiverr's worst times on bugs lol, and impacting hard to the people that depends only of Fiverr and as extra money

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

• Like 27
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

It's spread to reddit, people on there complaining about the e-mail as well. It appears lots of people have gotten it. Many may not even have SM's, so they're totally in the dark.

I am curious to see the fallout from this. But I doubt anything will happen, they already said it was a mistake, so I don't think it will get beyond that. I do hope that eventually Fiverr will offer us a graphic or something where we can see our BSR. Because it's a very important metric that will affect our exposure and income so... why should be we kept in the dark....?

• Like 32
  • Congrats! 1

37 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

It's spread to reddit, people on there complaining about the e-mail as well. It appears lots of people have gotten it. Many may not even have SM's, so they're totally in the dark.

That is just astonishing! The value of the forum just proved itself in my opinion. If I wasn't active here, I'd have thought my Fiverr freelance ship was sinking, with no clue how to bail it out. I have felt so much relief today that I hadn't been hit by the low BSR occurrence, that it was a mistake after all. Now if we can get some relief from the effects that still seem to be plaguing so many of us.

• Like 33
  • Up 2