Pomoted gigs " additional quality metrics"

josuecepeda

Question

Hi, i do not know why i can not to promote my gig.  I have all requeriments, but i do not know what exactly means  "additional quality metrics". 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Which Gigs can be promoted?

To ensure a quality ad experience for buyers, only sellers who meet all our quality metrics can participate in this program. 

You are evaluated for Promoted Gig participation eligibility according to the following standards:

• You are a Level 1, Level 2, or Top Rated or Pro seller
  • Your Gig scores are 4.7 in the public rating
  • Your Gig has at least 20 reviews. Pro Gigs require only 5 reviews
  • You meet additional quality metrics

Anyone knows why i can not?

• Like 22
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, josuecepeda said:

Hi, i do not know why i can not to promote my gig.  I have all requeriments, but i do not know what exactly means  "additional quality metrics". 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone knows why i can not?

example, private feedback review, delivery , rating, order completion, response rate

• Like 19
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, venonusa said:

if you can not promote your gig with fiverr means you have low performance, don't wait, contact your past clients asking if they need more job, starting promote your gig outside Fiverr ( example using facebook or instagram ads ) and when you will receive your order try deliver always perfect order that your clients will leave you great feedback, this will restore your performance. 

I don’t get it though I have a perfect 5 star rating, I’m a level one seller. How could it be low performance if it’s meeting the requirements ?

• Like 17

18 minutes ago, wajdyelsobky said:

if you can not promote your gig with fiverr means you have low performance, don't wait, contact your past clients asking if they need more job, starting promote your gig outside Fiverr ( example using facebook or instagram ads ) and when you will receive your order try deliver always perfect order that your clients will leave you great feedback, this will restore your performance. 

Can I contact my previous client without any reason. Isn't that outside the rule of fiverr .  Please details about it. Thanks

• Like 16
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, vectorartist23 said:

Can I contact my previous client without any reason. Isn't that outside the rule of fiverr .  Please details about it. Thanks

you don't have to spam and send 300 messages to your client, but you have only to send 1 message

• Like 15
  • Confused 1

On 3/21/2023 at 8:39 AM, vectorartist23 said:

I would not contact any of my previous clients unless I had a close relationship with them. It even says in TOS to respect the privacy of your buyers by not contacting them. You were given bad advice by the users who said you should. Do not jeopardize your account by contacting any buyer unless you know they would welcome your message. Otherwise, they could report your message as spam, thus endangering your account. 😱

• Like 13
  • Up 2

You can contact previous clients if there's a good reason for doing so. If it's to beg for work, that's no good reason to do so. If there's a chance they'll consider your message spam, there's no good reason to do so. If you have to ask, there's no good reason to do so.

You can send them coupons, that's encouraged by Fiverr, and it's a reminder they can order from you again.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 13
  • Up 1

In general, these additional quality metrics are meant to help buyers identify high-quality sellers and ensure that they receive the best possible service. By promoting gigs that meet these standards, freelancing platforms can help both buyers and sellers get the most out of their experience on the platform.

• Like 12

I can agree to that. For me it took a while as well to be able to promote a gig and I also only have one out of 4 that is eligible. Maybe focus on one specific gig you want to promote in the future and really always deliver 100%, reply right away etc etc. Once the gig is eligible, you will get a notification. Maybe also try to reach level 2 seller status, I have no idea if that's one of the requirements but maybe it helps when you have to contact the customer service (maybe it's just a bug that you cannot do it).

• Like 12

2 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

I would not contact any of my previous clients unless I had a close relationship with them. It even says in TOS to respect the privacy of your buyers by not contacting them. You were given bad advice by the users who said you should. Do not jeopardize your account by contacting any buyer unless you know they would welcome your message. Otherwise, they could report your message as spam, thus endangering your account. 😱

I do not agree with what you say. Certain! If you send 300 messages to a customer you are spamming! But if you send 1 message to a customer you are not doing anything disrespectful.

• Like 10

55 minutes ago, venonusa said:

But if you send 1 message to a customer, you are not doing anything disrespectful.

It is not an issue of being disrespectful. 🙂

The problem is that if any buyer gets annoyed by an unsolicited message, that buyer could report the seller who sent the message, which would result in a warning to the sender's account. 😫

Plus, it is against TOS! 🤨 TOS states:

Please respect our member's privacy by not contacting them with offers, questions, suggestions, or anything which is not directly related to their Gigs or orders.

So, it does not matter whether you agree with me or not. What I say is backed up by Fiverr's TOS. Your suggestion  ⬇️ could result in a seller getting a warning! 😱 

On 3/21/2023 at 7:09 AM, venonusa said:

don't wait, contact your past clients asking if they need more job,

You can find the above quote under the non-permitted usage part of TOS. I am surprised a long-time Fiverr seller with nearly 5000 reviews is unaware of this part of Fiverr's TOS. 

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 11

42 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

It is not an issue of being disrespectful. 🙂

The problem is that if any buyer gets annoyed by an unsolicited message, that buyer could report the seller who sent the message, which would result in a warning to the sender's account. 😫

Plus, it is against TOS! 🤨 TOS states:

Please respect our member's privacy by not contacting them with offers, questions, suggestions, or anything which is not directly related to their Gigs or orders.

So, it does not matter whether you agree with me or not. What I say is backed up by Fiverr's TOS. Your suggestion  ⬇️ could result in a seller getting a warning! 😱 

You can find the above quote under the non-permitted usage part of TOS. I am surprised a long-time Fiverr seller with nearly 5000 reviews is unaware of this part of Fiverr's TOS. 

Yes, I am aware of it, however this also depends on the service that client has already purchased. Our clients are very happy when they receive our messages, maybe because our messages are always related to their past orders.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, venonusa said:

maybe because our messages are always related to their past orders.

However, you did not say that to @josuecepeda, and your advice could have gotten him a profile warning. And if he had sent out very many messages, he could even have gotten his account banned. 

You said to them:

On 3/21/2023 at 7:09 AM, venonusa said:

I am curious, is English your second language by chance? 🤔 I was surprised to see you had an account from the US after reading the message above. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, venonusa said:

I do not agree with what you say. Certain! If you send 300 messages to a customer you are spamming! But if you send 1 message to a customer you are not doing anything disrespectful.

If I ordered a gig from you and received a message unrelated to that order later on, I would report you for spam. That's because it is. It's an unsolicited message and the terms are clear on this, and I quote: 

"Phishing and Spam - Members’ security is a top priority. Any attempts to publish or send malicious content with the intent to compromise another member’s account or computer environment is strictly prohibited. Please respect our members privacy by not contacting them with offers, questions, suggestions or anything which is not directly related to their Gigs or orders."

(Highlight in red is mine) 

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

I am curious, is English your second language by chance? 🤔 I was surprised to see you had an account from the US after reading the message above. 

Why are you surprised? Many live in US but do not speak well English, however yes, English is my second language.

8 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

However, you did not say that to @josuecepeda, and your advice could have gotten him a profile warning. And if he had sent out very many messages, he could even have gotten his account banned. 

Yes, I wrote that in one of my messages.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, venonusa said:

Why are you surprised? Many live in US but do not speak well English, however yes, English is my second language.

Yes, many people in the US and worldwide have English as their second language, and they speak it with varying degrees of expertise. With many people who post on the Fiverr Forum, the fact that English is their second language is not noticeable, and if I did not know their country of origin, I would think it was the US. 

2 hours ago, venonusa said:

Yes, I wrote that in one of my messages.

I just read through all of your posts in this thread. I cannot find anywhere that you said the OP could get a warning on his profile for contacting former clients. Please quote yourself, so I can see. 

• Like 12

19 hours ago, venonusa said:

you don't have to spam and send 300 messages to your client, but you have only to send 1 message

14 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Yes, many people in the US and worldwide have English as their second language, and they speak it with varying degrees of expertise. With many people who post on the Fiverr Forum, the fact that English is their second language is not noticeable, and if I did not know their country of origin, I would think it was the US. 

I just read through all of your posts in this thread. I cannot find anywhere that you said the OP could get a warning on his profile for contacting former clients. Please quote yourself, so I can see. 

• Like 10

14 hours ago, venonusa said:

everything will depend from what you are going to write in the message.

Well, everything will depend on the interpretation the buyer makes of the message you send. You don't control that. You can send them what you think is a perfect message, catch them in a bad mood, and be marked as spam right away. Without them even reading it, just because they were annoyed by the notification.

Of course the more you know the buyer, the better command you have of the language, the better you are at marketing, the more you can mitigate that risk. But you don't control how the buyer will interpret it.

If you want to risk it, fine.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 10

I can agree to everyone who said that sending a randomn message to a buyer can be very annoying.
This just happened to me today, I didn't even know it was possible up until now, but another seller was sending me a coupon off.
I got a notification saying "special coupon! XYZ gave you 20% off (...)" as well as a mail:

Hi almostfauxreal,

Enjoyed working with (....) Now you can work with them again and get 20% off!
Use the coupon code SVSHMM at checkout on any of their Gigs, until 21.04.2023, 08:00pm UTC.

It slightly annoyed me as I didn't even remember what I bought from this seller as it's about 2months ago. So it actually annoyed me more than the benefit I might have had from the coupon. Maybe there's an option to target specific repeated buyers with this but I just bought once and it left a spam feeling. So maybe a personal message for a repeated buyer.. that would be okay once but in general I would agree that it's rather counterproductive.

• Like 7