Does "IN REVISION" order which is way over the deadline, cause any negative for the gig?

tarekmahmud2

Question

I have some order pending under "IN REVISION". Some are way over the deadline. The client is not responding at all. Or the client needs some to to review. One is 559 days late and so on. The dashboard says the order is late like 9 days late, 300 days late. I have nothing to do with those orders as the client holds them for their needs. I can't even deliver them. 

Now I want to know, if these orders are causing any issues with my gig ranking or gig performance secretly? 

Thank you

• Like 4

2 answers to this question

Hi @tarekmahmud2,

From my knowledge, I don't think "In revision" orders will affect your gig ranking. However, I've never had orders that were stuck there for more than a week so I'm not sure what the negative impact will be for ones that are "In revision" for more than 100 days. 

Let's forget about negative impact and focus on you getting paid for work you've done. I don't think it's a good idea to allow your clients to take advantage of Fiverr's "In revision" feature to delay paying you indefinitely. I highly recommend that you:

• Deliver the order (I'm not sure what you mean by "I can't even deliver them.". If an order is "In revision", you are allowed to deliver it)
  • Tell the buyer that you need them to accept the order (if you think they've had sufficient time to review said order)
  • Tell the buyer that Fiverr automatically marks orders complete 3 days after delivery
  • If they don't respond:
    • Fiverr will mark the order complete in 3 days
    • You'll get paid for the work that you've done (which is fair)
  • If request for revision again and make requests that are outside of what you guys originally agreed on:
    • Inform them that what they're asking for is an update, not a revision
    • Inform them that they need to complete the current order and create a new one for the update
    • If they refuse to do so, contact Fiverr support and ask for help

As sellers, we should deliver quality products and maintain a high level of service; but that doesn't mean we should be stepped on, it's important to be assertive when we need to. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 2/21/2023 at 5:03 AM, tarekmahmud2 said:

I have some order pending under "IN REVISION". Some are way over the deadline. The client is not responding at all. Or the client needs some to to review. One is 559 days late and so on. The dashboard says the order is late like 9 days late, 300 days late. I have nothing to do with those orders as the client holds them for their needs. I can't even deliver them. 

Now I want to know, if these orders are causing any issues with my gig ranking or gig performance secretly? 

Thank you

Hi, did you deliver the order?

• Like 3