Is this a virus or hacker

muzaffar78600

I received many times messages they request for videos ads and they  send link there web store and ask for make ad this product when send offer they send new link and says please check this and send offer same like many peoples doing this only engaging and trafficking there websites. request to fiverr check them

I ask to experts please tell me is there any bad impression on my gig when i send custom offer and no reply
because when I send there no reply only they need clicks on there links actually there not interested to place order only need clicks there links from different countries

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

They are trying to spam.

If you're on a mobile phone reply them with a small message. After that block the user. That way it won't affect your response rate. But if you only blocked the user without replying him with a message it will affect the response rate.

It happened to me.

Edited by shifan
  • Like 4

If anyone wants custom offer you can send. And if someone doesn't want a custom offer but has the option to send an offer, you can send the offer. This will not affect your gig in any way. If someone gives a message, you have to give his reply, if you don't give a reply, the impression of the gig will decrease, so you should reply with no interest. And in that situation you can block him if you want. 

• Like 6

It's not safe because a .bat file will run a series of commands on your computer and you don't know what that will be. If it's a normal .bat file it's not a virus but it would more likely be a hack attempt.

It's not worth trying to check what it will do - just refuse because of the file type as it's very suspicious (tell him you don't work with those types of files or something). Maybe report the message as suspicious/possible hack attempt because of the file type for them to check. Though if you wanted you could ask why he sent a .bat file to you/what it does (it won't contain a video that he's asking you to watch. In theory it could contain a link to one that it tries to open). But I wouldn't run it. It's too suspicious and likely malicious.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 14
  • Up 4

100% a hacker, don't even bother.

A lot of these type of file formats are sent to YouTubers with fake sponsorship opportunities and that is how they highjack your computer and take all your info and accounts.

It's a good thing you blocked, but you should've reported before deleting to save someone else from accidentally falling for this malicious trick.

• Like 9
  • Up 1