Deleting my account to start all over again

uzairabdullah07

Hello, I have been on Fiverr for over a year now, but ever since a buyer gave me a 3.7 rating, I haven't received any project. 
Now I want to start over again so that I start getting projects again and get better ratings. Is it possible that I delete my account so that I can create a new one? Or are there any other alternatives? Open to suggestions and will really appreciate any advice. 
Here's the link to my account: https://www.fiverr.com/uzairabdullah07?up_rollout=true

• Like 8

I actually thought the review was good. The buyer only stated "Communication was good." Even if a buyer gives you 1 star, if they write a good review, you only need to respond positively, such as "It was great working with you!"

You don't need to explain how you got sick and had to extend the delivery date. Only if the buyer mentions that as a reason for giving you less than 5 stars, should you go into such detail.

I agree that it doesn't help you to cancel your account and create a new one. Just move on and try to get orders. It is possible to get orders after a negative review.

For future reference, read @gina_riley2's post on how to overcome negative reviews here:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

image.png.99a29edf247c23297a3ad23389dc9546.png

If you are a good seller, who conducts business with integrity, I think you should respond to that review; it will differentiate you enough to appeal to another buyer in time.

I once had a review of 2.3 and one time my overall rating was 3. I've been able to overcome these minor setbacks by being straightforward with all prospective clients and earning their trust.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, strategist_ceo said:

I once had a review of 2.3 and one time my overall rating was 3. I've been able to overcome these minor setbacks by being straightforward with all prospective clients and earning their trust.

My problem is that since then, I haven't received a single message, let alone an order.

Edited by uzairabdullah07
  • Like 4

On 10/28/2022 at 9:17 PM, vickieito said:

I actually thought the review was good. The buyer only stated "Communication was good."

I'd disagree with this. Maybe I've read too often about how to interpret employer's references, and maybe it differs from country to country, and the buyer might also just have written it without thinking much about it, however, to me, this says "Communication was good (but the rest not)." It's like when a former employer writes "He was always punctual. We wish him well on his future endeavors." What they don't write, but imply, is 'but that's the only good thing we can say about him, you better don't hire him. You're welcome.' On Fiverr, I can very well imagine that a buyer might leave such feedback without implying anything, but what I don't know is how many people might yet read it like that. 

I'd still generally agree with Vickie's "just move on", her and strategist_ceo's "respond (positively)" to that review, and Andy's "answer the why and remedy it", though.

What does "ever since"/"since then" actually mean, half a year, a month, a week?

• Like 8

8 hours ago, miiila said:

to me, this says "Communication was good (but the rest not)." It's like when a former employer writes "He was always punctual. We wish him well on his future endeavors."

Good point, @miiila!

I had to go back to my only "negative" review that I wrote (it was for a buyer that bought a resume package from me) and my review looks like your example: "Thanks for your order. Good luck with your job search." And then I just let the low stars say what I didn't say.

So your point is very true.

Many will try to separate & close the order on a good note (even with a negative experience). The only good thing I could think of was that I was grateful for the order and wished him well.

• Like 4