my money keeps dropping out of the wallet?

sasyj93

Question

8 answers to this question

Your funds are based on the current performance of the US $ against your country's currency.  This means that your available funds will go both up and down in value, sometimes multiple times every day.  Unfortunately you can't control this and there is not a lot that Fiverr can do, as it is directly attributed to the world markets. 

Hope this helps

• Like 9
  • Up 3

13 minutes ago, sasyj93 said:

i received a refund of about 30 euro and today it's just over 29 euro and still dropping,what the hell is wrong here? Please someone explain to me, I lose money every day 😕

Buy a better wallet 😄

Joking aside, what @brealssaid is right, the international market fluctuates. That's why I mostly keep my funds in USD, it's easier to handle even if I am in Europe. I charge in USD, so it's the easier thing to do. 

• Like 7

thank you for your prompt reply, actually fiverr's support was talking about fees on refunds, which I don't believe exists, in any case if I receive a refund that money should remain unchanged, instead it drops every day according to the market? Would the same happen if I paid in dollars? it's a mess

• Like 5

1 minute ago, donnovan86 said:

Buy a better wallet 😄

Joking aside, what @brealssaid is right, the international market fluctuates. That's why I mostly keep my funds in USD, it's easier to handle even if I am in Europe. I charge in USD, so it's the easier thing to do. 

you mean that you buy and sell(withdraw the money) in dollars even you are in Europe? 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, breals said:

Your funds are based on the current performance of the US $ against your country's currency.  This means that your available funds will go both up and down in value, sometimes multiple times every day.  Unfortunately you can't control this and there is not a lot that Fiverr can do, as it is directly attributed to the world markets. 

Hope this helps

thanks a lot,shall i switch to dollars even my currency is different ? 😕

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, sasyj93 said:

you mean that you buy and sell(withdraw the money) in dollars even you are in Europe? 

Yes, there are better ways to convert withdrawn USD than fiverr.

10 minutes ago, sasyj93 said:

if I receive a refund that money should remain unchanged, instead it drops every day according to the market? Would the same happen if I paid in dollars?

No it will not happen in dollars. You can change currency at the bottom of the page and it will be showing you precise amount in dollars and it will not be changing. 

Fiverr is based on USD and any conversion will be changing with market, doesn’t matter if it’s a refund or if you are buying something, it’s adjusted to the current exchange rate. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, sasyj93 said:

thanks a lot,shall i switch to dollars even my currency is different ? 😕

Fiverr does the conversion automatically and as Maria said, it's based on Dollars, everything is adjusted according to that. Which is why a $5 gig is 5.3 euros or so, based on the market prices right now. If you switch to Dollars you won't see any differences and the money in your wallet will not fluctuate.

• Like 6

Just now, mariashtelle1 said:

Yes, there are better ways to convert withdrawn USD than fiverr.

No it will not happen in dollars. You can change currency at the bottom of the page and it will be showing you precise amount in dollars and it will not be changing. 

Fiverr is based on USD and any conversion will be changing with market, doesn’t matter if it’s a refund or if you are buying something, it’s adjusted to the current exchange rate. 

thanks for the reply 🙂 
I made a calculation, to tell the truth it didn't seem to make any difference to me to buy in euros in dollars (I only have euros) in the sense that I simply converted with the majority or the minority depending on the period, also for the earnings should I withdraw in dollars?

• Like 6