is this new types of Scam ? Possible money laundering going on ?

kayseristic

Hi everyone :

in this week . I got 4 same types of order .   Base package + bunch of extra service + express delivering . $ amount is quite huge

And they cancel it immediately . I usually don't care that much since this won't effect my rating by any chance . 

But it's quite disturbing I can't lie . 

Have any of you got  orders like  these recently . 

I attached 2 of them below . 

Best Regards

Kay

Inked111 (2).jpg

Inked1121 (2).jpg

Edited by kayseristic
Forgot to edit out username
  • Like 8
  • Confused 2

I don't see how it can be a scam because they are not taking any money from you, and you're also protected since the seller stats are not affected. I don't know what it is... maybe the person is confused.. but in the end that doesn't affect you at all, so you should be fine.

• Like 11

To me this looks like (just based on the writing and frequency) new 'sellers' who think that they are already selling on the site - but have no gigs (basically the type who spams inboxes, etc.) 

10 hours ago, kayseristic said:

Have any of you got  orders like  these recently . 

I've gotten a few before but I think those were genuinely just mistaken order or someone who wasn't paying attention. I don't think this is anything malicious, just... misguided people I'd say. 

• Like 12

I experienced the same before - it was 2 different accounts, but very similar (I believe it was the same person with 2 accounts) and they offered exactly the same services as I.

So I guess they simply think that in this way they will be able to "de-rank" you, damage your statistics or anything like that. That's just my guess, but I don't see any other explanation

• Like 8

On 9/23/2022 at 2:40 AM, donnovan86 said:

I don't see how it can be a scam because they are not taking any money from you, and you're also protected since the seller stats are not affected. I don't know what it is... maybe the person is confused.. but in the end that doesn't affect you at all, so you should be fine.

That was the reason . THey are all new buyers without any buying record . ( I have shopify plus , Can see them ) 

And the reason is always the same . " Sorry I ordered by mistake "  . The funny part is . all 4 of them bought the same package same extra services . Same region .

Don't you think that is little bit fishy ? 

• Like 6

I have done my laundry yesterday. There was some changes in the pocket of the pants. I guess i am a money launderer too.

Ok that joke was cheap and disgusting.

Seems like its an automated system to repeat itself. Definetly fishy. Maybe they are using this to spend some money and evade some taxes? 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, kayseristic said:

Don't you think that is little bit fishy ? 

They are not taking any money from you and thus it's not a scam. Scamming involves the idea of them wanting something from you.

I can only assume they might be a competitor trying to harm your account in some way. Otherwise I don't see any problem.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

They are not taking any money from you and thus it's not a scam. Scamming involves the idea of them wanting something from you.

I can only assume they might be a competitor trying to harm your account in some way. Otherwise I don't see any problem.

What If . I'm only assuming .  They paid with stolen credit card . Cancelled it , Withdraw their balance to some other payment ? 

Don't you think It's possible ?   It's not a very huge amount  around 700$ with each order . 

• Like 3
  • Up 1