Help posting an opportunity

wildahunden

Question

I am a business owner who buys services of freelancers on fiverr and have a question on how to post an unusual request.

I'd like input and help in designing a product that I will market to brick-and-morter business in a small town (68,000 residents).  The idea is that I will sell the product to the business then work with freelancer on fiverr to complete the work.

The problem:  New residents moving into the city have a hard time finding local businesses as many are not listed in google maps and don't show up in google searches.

Product: The brick-and-morter business hires me to help them be more visible to local residents.  For example, I could

-- help them claim a business profile

-- get registered on yelp

I'd like to post an opportunity for freelancers to suggest services I could include in my product.  I would expect that they would suggest their skills and services.

What is the best way to get suggestions?  What categories should I use?  How much should I offer to pay for the suggestions?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

• Like 4

2 answers to this question

You're essentially doing something similar to a digital agency. Fiverr has a whole category for Digital Marketing https://www.fiverr.com/categories/online-marketing?source=category_tree . That will already give you an idea of services you can include in your product

6 minutes ago, wildahunden said:

I'd like to post an opportunity for freelancers to suggest services I could include in my product.  I would expect that they would suggest their skills and services.

When you say product is this like a packaged service (that may include website creation, etc) ? 

Well, different businesses will vary a bit in needs. A restaurant will have a different approach to let's say a physical clothing store. I think the first step would be figuring what businesses there are in that town. Studying them closely and understanding what their different needs are.

I am leaning more that they wouldn't be the type to spend on making their own website, perhaps a Facebook and other social media pages. Even just basically making them visible online at the bare minimum would be enough for businesses in a small town with customers simply coming from the same town.

A quick idea that popped up in my mind is you just make your own site and all relevant social media pages, set up a community of sorts and package yourself as the "know-how" of that town. You can make a whole directory in your site, people pay to get listed in your site. Write articles about the restos, products, how to travel around that town, etc. You get paid in ads and whatever fees you charge to be part of the "directory". 

Hahaha, well I practically gave a free suggestion! No worries though. I had fun thinking! Hopefully that guides you somehow 😆

• Like 7
  • Up 1