Is Fiverr doing some housekeeping?

smashradio

11 hours ago, vickieito said:

so no matter when you post your public review of the buyer, the buyer will always have a chance to see it before making their private review:

so whatever the buyer does the seller might always want to give the buyer 5 stars 🙂

Anyway the private review might be more connected to the placement of your gigs in the search engine in my opinion .. too many negative reviews might make your gig fall from the top searches in your category , it's not really a reason to ban someone , this isn't a ' low quality delivery thing ' .  

Low quality deliveries might be more related to sellers having inconsistencies between what is showcased in the gig vs. what is actually delivered

• Like 5

11 hours ago, moikchap said:

Maybe Fiverr could add a Private Review for sellers to apply to buyers, and then Fiverr makes those reviews available via Seller Plus? That gives a sort of financial incentive for Fiverr to implement the system.

I don't think Fiverr would want to share the results from private reviews done by sellers. However, I absolutely agree with you that sellers should be able to review buyers anonymously. If a buyer gets a very low seller satisfaction rate, it could show up as a warning along with the added info we get in seller plus about our buyers. That would be very useful in the vetting process. Certain other platforms do allow freelancers to review clients privately. It's only fair. 

• Like 6

On 8/13/2022 at 10:49 PM, filipdevaere said:

@vickieito

14 days is long......

It might seem long if you are waiting for the buyer to complete the private review, but as a seller it doesn't make sense to wait for that private review. Just leave your public review of the buyer (or choose not to).

14 hours ago, cre8iveartwork said:

so whatever the buyer does the seller might always want to give the buyer 5 stars 🙂

Anyway the private review might be more connected to the placement of your gigs in the search engine in my opinion .. too many negative reviews might make your gig fall from the top searches in your category , it's not really a reason to ban someone , this isn't a ' low quality delivery thing ' .  

Low quality deliveries might be more related to sellers having inconsistencies between what is showcased in the gig vs. what is actually delivered

I agree - a negative private review does affect your gig's visibility in search.

However I do think that too many negative reviews is a reflection of poor quality. All of my negative private reviews are related to low-quality deliveries. 

Although negative private reviews are not really reasons to ban someone, if they are a TRS, Pro, or Business seller, too many negative private reviews may cause them to lose their status.

13 hours ago, moikchap said:

Maybe Fiverr could add a Private Review for sellers to apply to buyers, and then Fiverr makes those reviews available via Seller Plus? That gives a sort of financial incentive for Fiverr to implement the system.

2 hours ago, smashradio said:

I don't think Fiverr would want to share the results from private reviews done by sellers. However, I absolutely agree with you that sellers should be able to review buyers anonymously. If a buyer gets a very low seller satisfaction rate, it could show up as a warning along with the added info we get in seller plus about our buyers. That would be very useful in the vetting process. Certain other platforms do allow freelancers to review clients privately. It's only fair. 

I'm not sure if this would be enough financial incentive for Fiverr - they want more buyers because that's how they make money. I think if this were made available, there would be a lot less buyers on the platform. Maybe that's why they aren't worried about buyers viewing sellers' public reviews of them before leaving the private reviews (because this encourages sellers to leave positive reviews of buyers).

• Like 3

5 hours ago, vickieito said:

I'm not sure if this would be enough financial incentive for Fiverr - they want more buyers because that's how they make money. I think if this were made available, there would be a lot less buyers on the platform. Maybe that's why they aren't worried about buyers viewing sellers' public reviews of them before leaving the private reviews (because this encourages sellers to leave positive reviews of buyers).

There might be fewer buyers, but removing the bad ones would lead to: 

• Fewer cancelations
  • Fewer messages to customer support
  • Fewer unreasonably negative reviews on the platform, because bad buyers tend to leave negative reviews
  • More transparancy 
  • Happier freelancers 

All in all, I think the benefits of alerting the freelancers to potential nightmare buyers can only be a good thing. Other freelancing platforms has this already, and I don't think they would do that if it didn't make financial sense. Without its sellers, Fiverr is nothing more than an empty shell, and I know several very talented freelancers who would never work on Fiverr, because of the buyers. Established, professional talents are more likely to enjoy working on the platform if they can vet their clients. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 6