July Sales!

kamran_a_rai

12 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

Why do you need to know what the sales of other sellers were in July?

I think sellers who make posts like this feel insecure about their July sales. So they come to the Fiver Forum in hopes of Forum members telling them that their July sales were also poor. Then those sellers can blame the month rather than their ability to make sales and get repeat buyers.

The month of July was good for me. I got a bit more than my usual sales. However, I also made myself unavailable for a week to spend time with my sisters visiting from out of town. So it was a three-week month for me. So I guess my vote would be - A!

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 9

Just now, vickiespencer said:

I think sellers who make posts like this feel insecure about their July sales. So they come to the Fiver Forum in hopes of Forum members telling them that their July sales were also poor. Then those sellers can blame the month rather than their ability to make sales and get repeat buyers.

Amen! This. 100%.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

That may be true in this case but for example, I want to see if there is a general trend in decreasing the traffic on Fiverr as a whole and therefore having less business on the platform for most people because it's July and August.  If most sellers, say they see an increase, and I see a decrease, then probably I'm doing something wrong and I need to work harder. I see a value in this question but only if more people answer so we can have some kind of statistics. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, valleys2785 said:

I want to see if there is a general trend in decreasing the traffic on Fiverr as a whole

Many things contribute to sales trends during specific months. Those that come to mind are: 

1. The niche of the seller
  2. The level of the seller
  3. The quality of the seller's services
  4. The amount of competition a seller has
  5. Does the seller offer 'seasonal' services?

So, sharing if sales were up or down during a particular month is like comparing apples to oranges. 

• Like 7
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

Many things contribute to sales trends during specific months. Those that come to mind are: 

1. The niche of the seller
  2. The level of the seller
  3. The quality of the seller's services
  4. The amount of competition a seller has
  5. Does the seller offer 'seasonal' services?

So, sharing if sales were up or down during a particular month is like comparing apples to oranges. 

We are comparing apples to oranges if 5 people comment and answer the question. If more people answer, there will be a statistic that can show a general trend.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, valleys2785 said:

We are comparing apples to oranges if 5 people comment and answer the question. If more people answer, there will be a statistic that can show a general trend.

It's true that in statistics, most people ignore sample sizes of less than 100.

The problem you face is that it is extremely rare to get that number of users to vote in a poll in the forums. For example, this simple poll only had 42 votes. The only polls I know of that got a fair sample size are the ones that were put up by the Forum staff itself. 

Considering there are millions of gigs in dozens of categories in Fiverr, you probably have bias no matter how many users you poll, since not all Fiverr users join the forums.

• Like 5
  • Up 2

On 7/31/2022 at 7:54 PM, valleys2785 said:

I want to see if there is a general trend in decreasing the traffic on Fiverr as a whole and therefore having less business on the platform for most people because it's July and August.

a lot of site-wide info can easily be found online. though, maybe, not as current as the last month. 

here is an example - https://www.similarweb.com/website/fiverr.com/#overview 

• Like 5