Why Have Sellers Plus If We Can't Bid On Buyers Requets?

I have recently joined sellers plus for a monthly fee. Yeh the coupon discounts are good but if someone is paying extra for a free site then he should have first choice and access to buyers requests than someone that is not enrolled in Sellers Plus. It's hard to bid on buyers requests when there's 25 or 30 other sellers fighting for the same business and then non payers are getting first choice. There needs to be changes to that Sellers Plus and give us first choice buyers requests rather than left overs.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, jvh_productions said:

I have recently joined sellers plus for a monthly fee. Yeh the coupon discounts are good but if someone is paying extra for a free site then he should have first choice and access to buyers requests than someone that is not enrolled in Sellers Plus. It's hard to bid on buyers requests when there's 25 or 30 other sellers fighting for the same business and then non payers are getting first choice. There needs to be changes to that Sellers Plus and give us first choice buyers requests rather than left overs.

If you don't see its value, that's your decision. Of course, it's hard to run a business. As it should be. 

I do see your point, though. 

I've noticed that many of the buyer requests coming in already have 10+ responses when I get them, even though I'm a Top Rated Seller with Seller Plus.

Sure, they might be other Seller Plus members, but I've clicked on the notification the instant it came a few times. Perhaps they got it before me, but since it has been happening consistently (I've tested, out of curiosity) I doubt it.

That indicates that someone else is getting the requests before me. I don't care. I never use buyer requests in the first place (BRs are for bottom-feeding clients and not worth my time), but if Fiverr touts early access to BRs as an advantage of Seller Plus, it should be an actual advantage. 

To answer your question about why one would want Seller Plus:

• Success Manager
  • Advanced Analytics
  • Coupons

Even if they removed BRs from the equation, I would still use Plus. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 10

6 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Sure, they might be other Seller Plus members, but I've clicked on the notification the instant it came a few times. Perhaps they got it before me, but since it has been happening consistently (I've tested, out of curiosity) I doubt it.

I doubt it, too. They probably keep refreshing the page and send an offer as soon as they see a new request.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, catwriter said:

I doubt it, too. They probably keep refreshing the page and send an offer as soon as they see a new request.

Yep. And when I get the "30 new requests" notification, it's too late. I'm so glad that I never depended on the BRs to get business. I see seller after seller talking about how they struggle with it. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, catwriter said:

The requests I see tend to be garbage, anyway. Or something that I don't offer. Or both.

Indeed. I think the buyers using it are looking for the most desperate sellers out there. They want sellers to fight over it, meaning they will be "extra thankful" to get that five-dollar 2000 word article job. It's a bottomless pit and I'm not jumping. 

I mean.. Look at this!

image.thumb.png.85373fec4fd547924a2afdb6d551193f.png

51k words translated for 160 freakin' dollars? And in Norwegian, even! A country where you can't even buy food for a week at the supermarket for 160 dollars. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 9

Every now and then I see a request from someone who wants 10 books (I forgot the word count, but definitely wasn't anything like 2,000 words) for a total of $250. Even repeats, to make things clear, that it's not $250 per book, but for 10 books. Justification: they're a student.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, jvh_productions said:

he should have first choice and access to buyers requests than someone that is not enrolled in Sellers Plus. I

I seem to remember my SSM telling me that even if there are multiple offers, the Seller Plus offers are moved to the top for the buyer to see.

3 hours ago, smashradio said:

I think the buyers using it are looking for the most desperate sellers out there.

I read BRs for their entertainment value and often delete them without even reading them.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, catwriter said:

Every now and then I see a request from someone who wants 10 books (I forgot the word count, but definitely wasn't anything like 2,000 words) for a total of $250. Even repeats, to make things clear, that it's not $250 per book, but for 10 books. Justification: they're a student.

I think the best I've seen so far was 300k words for like... $500 in total. BUT it's a great deal as x amount is paid each 'milestone'! I mean.... it's totally easy to write that much, right? 

• Like 6