Seller losing faith and getting abused by the buyer

ongmo502

I have delivered the work exactly the way the client and I discussed and mentioned in the custom offer. The Client asked for some changes , which I did and submitted again. 
then suddenly, the client asked for few more things to do which wasn’t discussed earlier or which is something I have never done before. Still then I tried to learn and give a try. However, I couldn’t fulfill his new demands. Therefore, I told the client that I cannot fulfill his new demands. 
the client then started asking me to cancel the order mutually. How can I cancel the order when I have done my work? I requested him and explained him but he kept marking my work under review . It was affecting my profile since it went overdue. 
I then lodged a complaint to fiverr customer support but surprisingly, fiverr customer support said that they cannot force a buyer to accept the project. Fiverr seems more in favor of the buyer and suggesting me to cancel the order. When I tried to save my completion rate by marking the work complete whenever the buyer puts it under review, fiverr warned me and flagged my profile . Wow , that’s how fiverr resolution center solves the problem. Before I completely lose my trust and faith in fiverr, I would request fiverr team to look into my matter. The person who is assigned to resolve the issue is not understanding my issue. Rather he is asking me to keep requesting the buyer. How can I keep requesting the buyer when he is taking advantage of me. 

Edited by ongmo502
Spelling error
  • Like 12
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

• ongmo502 changed the title to Seller losing faith and getting abused by the buyer
2 hours ago, ongmo502 said:

fiverr customer support said that they cannot force a buyer to accept the project. Fiverr seems more in favor of the buyer and suggesting me to cancel the order.

Not exactly, They cannot make the buyer accept, but they fully expect you to resist the cancellation request if you did the original work as described in the gig description. TOS even backs you up on this. Just because they won't fight it for you, does not mean that you should not fight for yourself, and your right to be paid. All it takes is saying "No."

Note: This message has been scanned so as to be compliant with all forum rules of conduct, expressly ensuring that it does not contain name-calling or ad hominem attacks, does not respond to a post’s tone instead of its actual content, or contain a knee-jerk contradiction, or a response that could be interpreted as offensive. Instead, this post has been verified to provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation, with respect, professionalism and wit, along with a soupçon of joie de vivre, unless that's been banned as well. 

The events depicted in this post are fictitious. Any similarity to any person living or dead is merely coincidental. No animals were harmed in the making of this post.

• Like 9
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

Is it clear that the part you 'tried to do' and could not do since you were new to it, is something added, extra to the original service?

It may be that the buyer tried to trap you by asking you to do something over and above the original job specification.

Therefore, he thinks he can now proclaim you did not complete the job--even though you did complete the job but he requested extra. This point--that you completed the job but tried to give the extra to please the buyer--may be something you can push with customer support. Keep trying since you get a different CS person each time. (Do not send multiple complaints--stay with the one open case and continue responding).

Ideally, your messages to the buyer show that "in requesting X when I offered and we agreed Y, you requested extra. I said I would give it a try but I didn't know if I could do it". It's even better if you wrote that before the dispute began! 😄 or words to that effect.

If you have these, write again to customer support, attaching this as a screenshot and adding:

- you completed the order in full (show your message screenshot and state in what terms you met the desired deliverables);
- you were asked to add on something else free, to which you were new;
- you attempted to do it and couldn't. You tried to please the buyer by adding extra while not knowing if it would work but forewarned the buyer you may not be able to do it.

Invite customer support to agree with you that you completed the work per the brief, even if the buyer won't accept. 

In that case, I'd cancel the job to preserve your reputation and avoid a bad review. However, that does not mean the buyer gets to use your work. Read on...

If customer support has agreed that you did complete the job, in writing (WAIT and keep trying to get this agreement--don't rush any communication stage) then they may well compensate you for the loss. They must agree that you completed the job and that the buyer asked for more work beyond the job scope; therefore, you need to be paid for the original project. If the buyer won't pay, Fiverr might do. It all depends on how clear it is that the work you could not deliver was an extra.

Either way, you cannot force the buyer to accept, just as Mike says and as customer support says. However, it's a major loss in my view if you spend a lot of time arguing about it and pushing the job back and forth to the buyer and then having it rejected again. You could invest that time in the next job instead! This buyer won't accept your work so why waste time on him further?

Make very clear to the buyer that if you cancel, they must use none of your work and that you will keep searching for it; state that Fiverr will pursue this if they do use it since Fiverr also loses when they cancel. They need to agree in writing that they will use none of your delivered work. Sometimes, a buyer may think twice about stealing work if they see there's a consequence.

I just wouldn't keep sending the same delivery or offering the same because it only eats all your time and energy. 

• Like 9
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, dean_a_plus said:

Yes exactly. Initially he stated that he wanted a remastered instrumental or a recreation. And I'm pretty sure a recreation is recreating something based of the original source but not necessarily accurate to the original.

After he placed his order and I sent him couple samples it's as if he's now saying he wants it exactly as how it was done in the original (and nothing else except that), which is a completely different argument. 

Therefore, I'm not going to cancel my order. I gave him great work, very quick service and I lost a lot of sleep working on his order. He's just too ungrateful and too much of perfectionist to be satisfied.

In terms of the negative impact which cancelling an order would pose on my account, I assume getting a negative review would rival with that. Most likely I'll get a negative review, but so be it. At least I'll get paid for the work I did

I too was facing a similar issue. It's like these buyers are becoming more and more scammer like. 

• Like 4
  • Up 1

34 minutes ago, shaunf119 said:

Whats the problem with saying what i think should be done? 

Because that doesn’t bring any help, he write he already talked to customer support and he even stated that he wasn’t happy by their response. So how will it help him if you advise to reach to customer support? 
It will be great if comments and responses do bring value and help. 

it’s like if you complain that you are sick and you bought a cough medicine and it didn’t help and then somebody telling you that in that case you should buy a cough medicine . Sounds absurd, doesn’t it? 
especially when you yourself was complaining about the wording on why your account was banned. 

Edited by mariashtelle1
  • Like 4
  • Up 3

5 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Because that doesn’t bring any help, he write he already talked to customer support and he even stated that he wasn’t happy by their response. So how will it help him if you advise to reach to customer support? 
It will be great if comments and responses do bring value and help. 

it’s like if you complain that you are sick and you bought a cough medicine and it didn’t help and then somebody telling you that in that case you should buy a cough medicine . Sounds absurd, doesn’t it? 
especially when you yourself was complaining about the wording on why your account was banned. 

It wasn't just about the wording. You can go back and read my posts again if you like.....or perhaps you can figure out the flaws yourself. 

I thought someone would come and seek revenge because he/she thought i had offended someone on my other post. 

• Like 2
  • Up 1

19 hours ago, ongmo502 said:

I then lodged a complaint to fiverr customer support but surprisingly, fiverr customer support said that they cannot force a buyer to accept the project.

What's surprisingly about this ? Surely you can't expect them to accept the order in the name of your buyer...

Fiverr seems more in favor of the buyer and suggesting me to cancel the order.

When dealing with unreasonable clients that would be the best way to go , support did the right thing , they just told you how to avoid a bad review plus they would cancel the order without affecting your account since the buyer is not following what you initially agreed , yes you will lose the money but that's ok on the long run , we all work with those kind of ' bad ' buyer , it's part of the job in the end.

When I tried to save my completion rate by marking the work complete whenever the buyer puts it under review, fiverr warned me and flagged my profile

Completely normal again , there's no point of redelivering the same thing all over again .. 

The person who is assigned to resolve the issue is not understanding my issue. Rather he is asking me to keep requesting the buyer. How can I keep requesting the buyer when he is taking advantage of me. 

going back to what I wrote above , asking support to cancel the order without affecting your account would've saved you from unnecessary issues that could've been avoided

• Like 5
  • Up 2

7 hours ago, shaunf119 said:

So the forum rule is that i can't suggest something that i feel should have been done? If its already been done, then great. 

I was speaking to @mariashtelle1 , not you. Put the gun down.

Note: This message has been scanned so as to be compliant with all forum rules of conduct, expressly ensuring that it does not contain name-calling or ad hominem attacks, does not respond to a post’s tone instead of its actual content, or contain a knee-jerk contradiction, or a response that could be interpreted as offensive. Instead, this post has been verified to provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation, with respect, professionalism and wit, along with a soupçon of joie de vivre, unless that's been banned as well. 

The events depicted in this post are fictitious. Any similarity to any person living or dead is merely coincidental. No animals were harmed in the making of this post.

• Like 4
  • Up 2

On 7/5/2022 at 7:30 PM, anniejenkinson said:

Is it clear that the part you 'tried to do' and could not do since you were new to it, is something added, extra to the original service?

It may be that the buyer tried to trap you by asking you to do something over and above the original job specification.

Therefore, he thinks he can now proclaim you did not complete the job--even though you did complete the job but he requested extra. This point--that you completed the job but tried to give the extra to please the buyer--may be something you can push with customer support. Keep trying since you get a different CS person each time. (Do not send multiple complaints--stay with the one open case and continue responding).

Ideally, your messages to the buyer show that "in requesting X when I offered and we agreed Y, you requested extra. I said I would give it a try but I didn't know if I could do it". It's even better if you wrote that before the dispute began! 😄 or words to that effect.

If you have these, write again to customer support, attaching this as a screenshot and adding:

- you completed the order in full (show your message screenshot and state in what terms you met the desired deliverables);
- you were asked to add on something else free, to which you were new;
- you attempted to do it and couldn't. You tried to please the buyer by adding extra while not knowing if it would work but forewarned the buyer you may not be able to do it.

Invite customer support to agree with you that you completed the work per the brief, even if the buyer won't accept. 

In that case, I'd cancel the job to preserve your reputation and avoid a bad review. However, that does not mean the buyer gets to use your work. Read on...

If customer support has agreed that you did complete the job, in writing (WAIT and keep trying to get this agreement--don't rush any communication stage) then they may well compensate you for the loss. They must agree that you completed the job and that the buyer asked for more work beyond the job scope; therefore, you need to be paid for the original project. If the buyer won't pay, Fiverr might do. It all depends on how clear it is that the work you could not deliver was an extra.

Either way, you cannot force the buyer to accept, just as Mike says and as customer support says. However, it's a major loss in my view if you spend a lot of time arguing about it and pushing the job back and forth to the buyer and then having it rejected again. You could invest that time in the next job instead! This buyer won't accept your work so why waste time on him further?

Make very clear to the buyer that if you cancel, they must use none of your work and that you will keep searching for it; state that Fiverr will pursue this if they do use it since Fiverr also loses when they cancel. They need to agree in writing that they will use none of your delivered work. Sometimes, a buyer may think twice about stealing work if they see there's a consequence.

I just wouldn't keep sending the same delivery or offering the same because it only eats all your time and energy. 

Thank you so much for understanding my situation and giving your valuable suggestions. Customer support however seems to turn deaf ear to my request. Their only suggestions are either I send lower the price and send another custom offer or cancel the order.  I tried to follow their first suggestion by asking the buyer if he can at least pay me 75% of what we agreed initially. However, no response from the buyer . I don’t want to cancel the order since I really worked on it and I still have some faith in fiverr team. 
I hope they would look at the matter fairly. 
 please find attached the initial 

MOD NOTE: Screenshot removed  - The username of the buyer was visible. 

• Like 3
  • Up 1