Are you allowed to contact a buyer who drops off while communicating

chekwube_ozieh

Question

3 answers to this question

I usually don't reach out to buyers if they don't place an order, even if everything in conversation suggested that they were going to place an order with you.

Buyers could see that as spam and report you.

Let the buyers come back on their own. Sometimes things come up and they come back after a few weeks or even a month. Other times they never return.

• Like 4
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 5

5 hours ago, chekwube_ozieh said:

I am a newbie on Fiverr in the white paper niche 

I had a buyer contact me and after the conversation, he agreed to order my standard gig. And then he didn't place the order— is it against fiverrs terms to reach out to client to remind them to order? 

If they end up not placing the order after talking, I would refrain from contacting them again. The thing is: some buyers might change their mind in the middle of the process, or they could be busy doing other stuff. If you're unlucky, they will view your message as nagging. You risk losing out on their business because of it, or worse, getting reported for spamming. 

• Like 2
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

For me, sometimes I have buyers who are waiting on something (like a script or concept image or whatever) before they can place an order. Occasionally in these cases, I follow up, but only ever once, and only in the kind of context where they have explicitly states they want to work with me but can't order yet for x reason. The cases where this is actually appropriate are pretty rare, and it's a normal part of the process for some buyers to not mesh with you and just leave - and that's ok.

• Like 3