how to ask for review from buyer

merajulis

Question

7 answers to this question

Don't ask. Fiverr already sends reminders encouraging buyers to review an order. Buyers, however, are NOT required to leave a review, and you should not be forcing, or requiring them to do so. Reviews are 100% voluntary, as they should be.

• Like 4
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, merajulis said:

i just complete it but want a good review. how can i ask for it without break fiverr rules.

It is up to a buyer as to whether they wish to leave a review or not.

There have been many forum posts where sellers have got a warning for discussing a review.

Always best to leave your buyer alone and move on.

• Like 1
  • Up 2

My Success Manager told me that it's absolutely ok to encourage the buyer to review the order in your delivery message. However, this does not mean you can encourage a positive review! You should never try to influence the rating in any way. 

My SM recommended something like "I'd greatly appreciate if you can respond to any surveys from Fiverr after the order is complete. This helps me grow my business. ". 

You can add this to the delivery message, but you should never pester/annoy your buyers by asking for reviews in separate messages. It could be considered spam. 

So there's nothing wrong with encouraging the buyer to respond to Fiverr's after-order-surveys, but you may not, ever, ask the buyer for things like "a positive rating" or "a five-star review"! Doing so would be considered review manipulation. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, smashradio said:

My Success Manager told me that it's absolutely ok to encourage the buyer to review the order in your delivery message. However, this does not mean you can encourage a positive review! You should never try to influence the rating in any way. 

I was told the same.

However, I do think it's 'careful what you wish for'.

If a buyer hasn't left a review, and you push them then you might see a review you don't love.

If I was just starting out though I would take the risk.

Edited by williambryan392
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, williambryan392 said:

I was told the same.

However, I do think it's 'careful what you wish for'.

If a buyer hasn't left a review, and you push them then you might see a review you don't love.

If I was just starting out though I would take the risk.

I agree, but I don't think a small encouragement in the delivery message along with the "Thank you for your order. It was a pleasure working with you!" is considered as "pushing" the buyer. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

you can ask this way!

If you are happy with my work, I request you give me a rating according to your satisfaction level and tell others about my work. I strive for 100% client satisfaction. I genuinely appreciate your business and look forward to working with you again.

Thanks

• Like 1