Some fake profile sellers copy pasting my gig

josh_oh

Not sure if I should feel honored, but I work in technical resume rewriting space, and due to my weird past 10 years, I had types of jobs where you can't easily pivot from on another (thus makes me have competitive advantage in resume writing as if I experienced all as a sushi shef, French fine dining, and pizza making as an analogy), and it seems some sellers are either benchmarking my gig or even directly copy-pasting it, which I reported. I find it a bit funny these fake profiles/competitors copying my gig because typically my career path is extremely uncommon). Has anyone experienced occasions similar where others try to copy you?

Edited by josh_oh
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, josh_oh said:

Has anyone experienced occasions similar where others try to copy you?

It's very common, unfortunately.

There are even Fiverr clones where the site owner copies entire Fiverr profiles, with gigs, gig descriptions, and everything.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, josh_oh said:

Has anyone experienced occasions similar where others try to copy you?

Yes, and I consistently report them. I just checked your gig and found three new sellers who have copied all or part of your gig description.

I use this free plagiarism checker at least once a month to find and report any copycat gigs.

https://plagiarismdetector.net/

• Like 9
  • Up 2

48 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Yes, and I consistently report them. I just checked your gig and found three new sellers who have copied all or part of your gig description.

I use this free plagiarism checker at least once a month to find and report any copycat gigs.

https://plagiarismdetector.net/

I just used that and found a dirtbag seller from Ukraine who lifted my gig description.  Reported.  Thanks for the link. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1